Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:45 AM   #1

We alluded in 'View from the bridge' tothe copious lichen growth this autumn and winter, some of which appeared on my campervan roof. The young gentlemen with pressure spray lances at a local carwash managed to scrub the van's sloping fibreglass forehead (which was bright green), but they couldn't reach the after parts. They will require precarious gentle action (the ventilator is fragile plastic) with a long-handled brush, operated from a flat roof or a ladder, but my stability isn't up to that at present.

Sorry about the intrusion bottom right from the slate and lead flashing. I was too busy staying safely upright on the edge of the roof to notice it, and it's a better picture without cropping it off.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:01 AM   #2

This is a 1998 Ford Transit 80 (with an upside-down plastic boat on top). I bought my first Transit camper van in 1982, and drove it,wife, baby daughter & the in-laws high up a jeep track almost to the hut beneath the highest peak of the Picos de Europa, N.Spain in 1985. It wasa reasonably good off-the-road vehicle. But it rusted, asall Transits did at the time.

After that we owned two intervening Renault Trafics, one for 10 years and 145,000 miles. Theywere comfortable, but hopeless in muddy fields, I hoped for better in 2004 with this 'new' Transit. But it has a heavy diesel at the front, and chipboard tat for furniture over the rear driving wheels, so it also is uncontrollable in snow, ice, or mud. It does drive beautifully, but it rusts, as you see here. Tomorrow's job is to wash it and derust it.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 2:19 PM   #3

Alan, I would say to you
As I look at number two
Just be careful what you do
Or you could be "roadkill", too
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 9:56 PM   #4

The poet laureate speaks again! Again, I like the second shot better because the steeper angle is much more dramatic.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote