Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:44 PM   #1

Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:57 PM   #2

You have better control of the light in this shot Bynx! Good for you! :GWhat kind of surface are you using for the reflections?

~~StitchBabe~~
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:04 PM   #3

I have a small coffee table with a removeable piece of smoked glass. I use that. It sits on a Greek column about 2 feet high that is covered over with black cloth. Same black cloth I use for the background.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:28 AM   #4

Brilliant, beautifully arranged! Real art from unpromising material. Maybe this is what the challenge was about? Thanks for the lesson.

Questions: 1. How real are the colours?
2. Which end of the long yellow ones do you swallow first?
(If they're the same as mine, we have more in common than I ever realised.)
3. Have you found a good outlet for the empties? I'm running out of ideas for mine.
They already contain every conceivable leftover substance, and many sizes of nuts, bolts, washers, screws.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:50 AM   #5

Thanks Alan. I think the color is pretty accurate. The pinkish orangish pills I only take half a one twice a day. They slow my heart down. Since Ive been taking them the druggist keeps making a mistake and giving me double the dosage than is needed for the month. Thus I have thousands of these pills as extras. I might go into my own pharmaceutical supply house. As you see most of the labels for the pills say they cause Dizziness. Thats the truth. I got up a few weeks ago got dizzy, blacked out, hit the floor and knocked my front tooth out. Unfortunately I dont have coverage and certainly cant afford 4 or 5 thousand dollars for a new tooth. I really hate growing old and might soon put a use for all those little orange pink pills. In the meantime, you inspired me to do this shot a few of the pills I take. As for the empty containers, it never occured to me to do anything with them. I have so many I just toss them out when they get empty. There is no shortage for me of those things.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 1:18 AM   #6

Nicely arranged composition. One thing bothers me. The top left bottle is at a different tilt angle than the others -- which show a portion of the top of their lids. Can you explain?
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:09 AM   #7

Gee, in every crowd there is always somebody who notices the little things. Good catch Walter. In my efforts to create some differences in the heights of the containers I had that bottle sitting on a small pile of pennies. Unfortunately, after the thing was shot and all taken apart, I noticed the bottle must have not been square on the money. It tilted back a bit creating that nuisance perspective that your eagle eye caught so well. I guess it pays to be not so creative after all.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:37 PM   #8

Nice work, Bynx. It appears a bit over saturated but I think that's my monitor. I've had some trouble getting the colors calibrated properly. It is pretty good right now but I think the red is still a bit strong.

At least your pill bottles are colorful. Mine are all white with white labels. Boring!

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:59 AM   #9

The shot is well setup (no pun intended "well"), makes me glad I don't have to take any medication.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote