Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:40 PM   #1

:bye:

Attached Images

StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2009, 11:19 PM   #2

I would just sharpen up the blurry areas of white petals. Other than that a nice wall hanger for sure.

Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:16 AM   #3

A lovely shot, but I don't think it can be called a "still life". The challenge description says, in part:

"choose a few objects with a common thread."

Nice shot, nonetheless
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:35 PM   #4

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
I would just sharpen up the blurry areas of white petals. Other than that a nice wall hanger for sure.

Thanks Bynx...why didn't I think of that? :?

~~StitchBabe~~
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:37 PM   #5

Walter C wrote:
Quote:
A lovely shot, but I don't think it can be called a "still life". The challenge description says, in part:

"choose a few objects with a common thread."

Nice shot, nonetheless
Thanks for your comment Walter. I guess I've failed in portraying 'still life'. I had thought of it as being 'one or more objects' as long as they're inanimate.

I'm glad you like the shot though, thank you! :-)

~~StitchBabe~~
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:09 PM   #6

I shouldnt have assumed its okay to alter your photo stitchbabe, although you can assume its okay to alter any photo I submit. Im told there are complainers about me doing this. If there is a problem with it please tell me and I will gladly delete my efforts. I feel an acknowledgement of your efforts is better than being ignored. You will find that often quite a number of people will view your photo and not one will have a word to say. This being a good example here. 113 people have viewed it and only 2 people have made a comment. I thnk thats a lot worse than someone making an illustrative comment.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:57 PM   #7

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
I shouldnt have assumed its okay to alter your photo stitchbabe, although you can assume its okay to alter any photo I submit. Im told there are complainers about me doing this. If there is a problem with it please tell me and I will gladly delete my efforts. I feel an acknowledgement of your efforts is better than being ignored. You will find that often quite a number of people will view your photo and not one will have a word to say. This being a good example here. 113 people have viewed it and only 2 people have made a comment. I thnk thats a lot worse than someone making an illustrative comment.
Hey Bynx....I have absolutely no problem with you or anyone else enhancing my images to post back to the forum. In my eyes, that's how people learn and somehow I find it easier to work on someone else's images than my own. Everyone has their own ideas and I'm all for that.

And yes, I have also noticed that people look but don't comment. I take that they like to look at the images but they're shy to comment. I really do like feed back though.

~~StitchBabe~~
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:33 AM   #8

Thanks stitchbabe. Im glad to hear the only people I offended are those gawkers. The ones who only make their comments under the table.