Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 18, 2009, 2:00 AM   #1

Lacking a classy bottle of booze, any crystal, chinaor food in the apartment that doesn't look like ...well, not good... I chose togo in another direction.:-)

rmuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2009, 6:58 AM   #2

It seems kinda dull for things that spell P A R T Y . I brightened things up a bit.

Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2009, 7:48 AM   #3

My kind of party.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:49 AM   #4

I remember those kind of parties. Things would look kind of fuzzy after a bunch of drinks

Is that a piece of hair in the tipped over plastic cup? Not that it would matter much after a few drinks. :-)
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:02 AM   #5

Looks like a good party starter to me.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:17 PM   #6

Hmmm! Wine in a plastic cup? I thought that was not proper. However, since you do not actually show the wine on one of the cups, I guess it's OK!

I like this shot. As I mentioned on another posting, the dark background removes distractions from the subject. Good work.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:47 PM   #7

I shouldnt have assumed its okay to alter your photo rmuir, although you can assume its okay to alter any photo I submit. Im told there are complainers about me doing this. If there is a problem with it please tell me and I will gladly delete my efforts. I feel an acknowledgement of your efforts is better than being ignored. You will find that often quite a number of people will view your photo and not one will have a word to say.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:15 AM   #8

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
I shouldnt have assumed its okay to alter your photo rmuir, although you can assume its okay to alter any photo I submit. Im told there are complainers about me doing this. If there is a problem with it please tell me and I will gladly delete my efforts. I feel an acknowledgement of your efforts is better than being ignored. You will find that often quite a number of people will view your photo and not one will have a word to say.
Hi Bynx, Please don't give that a second thought. If I have a problem with anything anyone says or does, I will communicate it to them directly before complaining elsewhere. I've seen this issue come up now and again in these forums and honestly - trying to keep an open mind as to why that would bother someone, I have to admit thinking it's a little silly. What can I say? - People… like cameras, they focus on different points… (baddu-bum!)

I have the utmost respect for your posts, commentsAND edits including this pic. I agree your edit captured more the spirit of the setting, but more specifically a particular thing I was after that night – I (without good result) got a little fixated on the dew on the red cup on the right, letting the pizza go cold and a little old looking waiting for it to grow. Your edit it makes it looks much more like I wanted and I meant to say so, but I'm probably one of the more grievous ‘looky-loo' offenders. (Joined Nov '03/29 Posts?)

Bottom line, you andothers are most welcome to edit anything I post here and I appreciate the feedback.

Robert
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:30 AM   #9

Thanks Robert. Your positive attitude will benefit this forum unlike the closed minded putzs who have no comments to be made except under the table.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:44 AM   #10

calr wrote:
Quote:
Hmmm! Wine in a plastic cup? I thought that was not proper. However, since you do not actually show the wine on one of the cups, I guess it's OK!

I like this shot. As I mentioned on another posting, the dark background removes distractions from the subject. Good work.

Cal
Well,as I said this was awhole'nother direction (from proper).:-)

Whatever the marketeers may say about the benefits of 'zero air contact' once you've gone wine-in-a-box, it can't betoo far a leap to a plastic cup...:lol:

Thanks Cal.