Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:23 AM   #1

Hi,

First photo post for me, although I've been reading these forums since last Fall. I've been using a P&S camera for years, but never knew much about photography. I currently have a Panasonic FZ-28 that I received for Christmas 2008. I find that this particular challenge has been very helpful for me to learn more about how my camera works.

I suspect it may be easy to identify this fairly well known household item.

(FZ-28, Aperture Priority, F/8.0, ISO 100, 1.0 sec., no flash)

Mike
Attached Images

mike_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:54 AM   #2

Nice copper pot scrubber there.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 1:04 PM   #3

Bingo!
Old May 3, 2009, 3:45 PM   #4

Mike,

Thanks for submitting. Pretty good 1st submission. Your point and shoot Panasonic reminds of when I first started in this whole digital business and laid out $200 hard earned dollars on a fixed focus HP camera. I was estatic and took pictures of everything in sight. Pretty soon everyone was avoiding me.

I've got a camera in my cell phone now that would run rings around the old HP but I learned tons from usng that gem. Even had some shots posted in Steve's photo of the day.

Aloha.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 11:21 PM   #5

I know I posted a reply to this posting but, again, it's not here. This is the best photo of a pot scrubber I have ever seen!

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2009, 8:37 AM   #6

selvin:

>>I've got a camera in my cell phone now that would run rings around the old HP but I learned tons from usng that gem.

It's funny how that works. I'm more of a computer person, myself. When I compare what I used 20 or even 10 years ago with what I'm using today, well - there's just no comparison, of course. I don't think computing is as "fun" as it used to be, but I sure have learned a lot. I'm still learning, although I'm more at the point of just wanting the things to work the way they should.

As far as photography goes, some things are just starting to "click" in my brain. This exercise in particular has produced a number of "Aha!" moments for me. It's been a lot of fun. I'm beginning to see some of the limitations of my superzoom, but it seems to be a good learning camera. My only real regret in choosing the FZ-28 over some of its competitors is its lack of a flash hot-shoe. I didn't realize at the time how important this would be for me. But I admit that trying to work around this limitation has added to my learning experience.

And after working on these macro shots, getting a tripod, even a cheap one, is next on my "must have" list.

Cal:

>>This is the best photo of a pot scrubber I have ever seen!

Thank you, Cal. Perhaps this is the start of a new genre of photography. Some day I hope to become the industry-acknowledged expert in pot scrubber photography. At some point I'll probably branch out into Brillo Pads and kitchen sponges. I see no limits.

Mike