Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 6, 2009, 2:01 AM   #1

Folks,

I think we've all been there either in photography classes or books and magazines. Scads of great photos meant to motivate us to emulate the techniques of our elders and/or superiors.

Before I get flamed I think that this is one of many good techniques to help us to become better photographers. I have also noted that many magazines now show us how to fix "bad" photos to make them museum quality. Unfortunately the majority of them focus on software techniques to help us become better photographers. There is no shortage of workshops/conventions dedicated to this endeavor. Again, don't get me wrong, you do need to learn some basic software skills to improve your shots.

For this challenge, let's focus on the opposite of these. I've got a bad or marginal shot the questionfor this challenge is not "How to Fix it?" but What did I do wrong.

After all, if we have no clue as to what went wrong we'll keep repeating the same mistake. Thus, the challenge this forth night is to submit a 'bad" shot and then describe as best as you can what you did wrong. For this challenge you may invent a shot to deliberately emphasizea point you wish to make.

Please remember to insert "What went wrong" in your topic and follow the Forum guidelines posted at the top of the forum.

Aloha

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links