Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 15, 2009, 6:12 AM   #1

Default Wheels but not tyres - more gardening

Mother-in-law's second-best wheelbarrow down the road has seen better days. Even her best one's getting too difficult for her to manage on difficult ground. She wants me to find her a Ballbarrow like ours, seen earlier on in this fortnight.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/biweekly-shoot-out/156067-wheel-not-tyres-off-road-transport.html

Web search reveals that the Englishman James Dyson (of the cyclone vacuum cleaner) invented the Ballbarrow and launched it in 1974. Although we think it's a wonderful invention, it's no longer manufactured. Wikipedia gives various unreasonable reasons why it was unsuccessful.

The nearest, in fact the only, stockist I could find for something equivalent (Nubarrow) is unhelpfully in North Carolina (if that's what NC means). Second-hand/eBay at inflated prices is the only choice.
Attached Images

Last edited by Alan T; Jun 15, 2009 at 6:21 AM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:45 AM   #2

Try as I may after long looking at this wheelbarrow I cant see what makes it bassackwards from one built here in Canada. I know there must be something that makes it different. Perhaps you must pull it instead of pushing it. Or maybe it must be loaded from the left side instead of the right side. At any rate a right fine looking barrow in its day Im sure.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote