Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:07 PM   #1
daz

Default Selective Color: Church in the mist.

I like the color version of this photo better (not that it had a lot of color, just some green) but it seemed to fit the challenge.

DAZ
Attached Images

Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2009, 1:56 AM   #2

That is a really sweet shot. And the color placement is just right.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2009, 9:30 AM   #3

Nicely done. Where is that located?

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2009, 1:38 PM   #4
daz

Thanks Bynx and calr. Calr this is one of the many many churches in American Samoa. It is a point of pride that each village has a church (or 2). The churches are not all that large but they do have some interesting structures. Unfortunately a lot of the churches are a little crowded around them, have power lines in front of them or donít have the best back grounds behind them. For this church I was driving back to work and it was pouring rain. As I was driving by it slowed to a drizzle and it looked like the church was in a cloud. The road is next to the bay so I could not back up enough to get rid of the perspective distortion so I had to do that PP.

Right now I am still in American Samoa but should get to go home in a few days. The full color version is on flickr along with the other photos from this trip. If I remember correctly this one is even mapped.

DAZ
Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:13 PM   #5

Great looking chruch and selective color. Would be hard to find a pretty landscape to have the church sit.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote