Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:17 PM   #1

Default Circles and Triangles (Two indoor shots)

Odd shots. Other than exposure and contrast, nothing has been done to these images...

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:02 AM   #2

Very nice abstract reflections....wish they were a bit sharper, though. I am envious of the bright sunny day which gave you the right conditions for these images.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:53 PM   #3

I agree the abstractness is attractive but the lack focus makes it difficult to interpret easily.
Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvin View Post
I agree the abstractness is attractive but the lack focus makes it difficult to interpret easily.
Aloha
My bad. These were actually shot at night. They are reflections from my venetian blinds and window gate onto my ceiling. The light source are three or four storefront windows on the street, three stories below.

They are four second exposures, hand held, or rather chest held, since I was laying out flat on my bed and thought I could get away with it. Obviously I have to learn how to stop breathing. I should do them over, using a timer, and putting the camera on a firm surface.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
I was laying out flat on my bed and thought I could get away with it. Obviously I have to learn how to stop breathing. I should do them over, using a timer, and putting the camera on a firm surface.
Or you can buy a tripod, lol!
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 4:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
Or you can buy a tripod, lol!
Oddly enough, I own a couple of very good tripods, but none of them will go low enough for me to capture a large portion of the cieling...

Maybe I should just lay the camera on the floor. I'll try it again this Saturday.

Dave
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:29 PM   #7

I think these are great abstracts. I see circles and triangles in both shot.

A small table top tripod might be ideal for this application. The only problem would be composing the shot since can't easily look through the viewfinder or at the LCD screen. You didn't say what kind of camera you were using. If it is a DSLR, you probably can find a right angle viewfinder adapter although they are expensive. (~#150). Even with the adapter, it might still be difficult to use the viewfinder in this situation.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 4:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by calr View Post
I think these are great abstracts. I see circles and triangles in both shot.

A small table top tripod might be ideal for this application. The only problem would be composing the shot since can't easily look through the viewfinder or at the LCD screen. You didn't say what kind of camera you were using. If it is a DSLR, you probably can find a right angle viewfinder adapter although they are expensive. (~#150). Even with the adapter, it might still be difficult to use the viewfinder in this situation.

Cal
It's the Sigma DP2, and, what the heck, I'll stick it on a pillow on the floor using the timer. It's not as if I have to pay for each failed shot...

Dave