Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:57 AM   #1

Default Diagonals -- Tree and Tiles

Taken yesterday in a local mall I thought of this challenge when I saw the bent over palm tree. Then the floor tiles seem to fit as well.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2010, 3:01 AM   #2

Bynx,

This is a tossup between convergence and the use of diagonals in composition. Or maybe a twofer?
Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:25 PM   #3

Nice looking mall but not real strong use of diagonals. Then again we have come to expect more from you.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:07 PM   #4

Ya well to be honest Cali, I think its a pretty lame subject. I mean just turn the camera a little and everything is diagonal. I dont know what to expect. I like it when there is something that gets a fire built under me and I really pour my all into the effort. I have plans to spend more time outside and away taking pics. I wont be spending much time in this forum for a while. I will return when things start getting interesting again. By the way the Mall shot is a 4 shot HDR.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:22 PM   #5

Guess you never took any photo classes at the local college. The diagonal assignment was always a standard every year. Got to the point you could shoot the assignment before your new class ever started because you knew it was coming. Same as the new assignment this time, only the college use to word it differently the task was the same. Go shoot something that would normally be of no interest and make it interesting and arty. Something I see you do a lot on these forums.

If that was a HDR you posted, then I really need to spend more time in the HDR forum. Just tried a three shot HDR with the subject not moving and still couldn't get it to blend without blurring. Then again I could use better HDR software.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote