Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 16, 2010, 2:32 PM   #1
daz

Default Colors – Sky Blue

This is not exactly my style (some like it thou) of photography but I think it meets the challenge.

This is part of a big tank (maybe 30 feet tall) in Gasworks Park in Seattle. Some of the old equipment has been painted in bright colors.

DAZ
Attached Images

Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2010, 2:41 PM   #2

Nice to see and a good idea for the shoot out.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 9:17 PM   #3

Works well for the shoot out and the straight rivet lines contrast well the curve in the tank.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 9:50 PM   #4

Nice selection. Where is Gasworks Park in relation to the Space Needle and the waterfront? I've been to Seattle several times but never heard of this place. That makes two places for me to visit on my next trip--Gasworks Park and Queen Anne Hill.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 10:54 PM   #5
daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by calr View Post
Nice selection. Where is Gasworks Park in relation to the Space Needle and the waterfront? I've been to Seattle several times but never heard of this place. That makes two places for me to visit on my next trip--Gasworks Park and Queen Anne Hill.

Cal
Gasworks is on the north side of lake union. The Space Needle is on the southwest corner of the lake. If you were driving south on I-5 outside lane you could look down and see Gasworks Park from the bridge as you drive over the lake. If you were up the Space Needle on one side is Elliot Bay and on the other side is Lake Union. Gasworks is between the Portage to Lake Washington and the Ballard Locks to Puget Sound. I call it the “people zoo”. The park has quite a history to it and a lot of things happen there.

If you are going to Queen Ann Hill then you are going to want to go to the topside of Kerry Park. The park is 1/3 steep hill (no climbing required). The road there is called W Highland Dr. This is where people go to get photos of the Space Needle.

DAZ
Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote