Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 6, 2010, 2:31 PM   #1
daz

Default Things Fall Apart A Little Yellow?

A Little Yellow is now extremely little yellow.

DAZ
Attached Images

Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2010, 7:59 PM   #2

Nice image for the challenge. They look like little aliens hanging off the plant

MAR's Flickr
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2010, 8:03 PM   #3
daz

it's the same yellow flower as from the last color challenge.

DAZ
Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:10 PM   #4

Flowers never seem to last long enough to me.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:50 PM   #5

I agree with you, Calicajun. But then, we live where it's rarely green and flowers only bloom for a couple of weeks in a whole year.

Daz - your picture gives me feelings of sadness because of that. We've had a glorious spring but it has faded now and soon it will be but a distant memory. Your picture is a reminder of that not too distant future.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:37 PM   #6

Definitely fits the challenge but it doesn't give me the warm fuzzies! The photo is excellent but as others have said, it conveys a feeling of sadness and end of life. I like to see flowers at their best. My first roses this year somehow survived the rain for a couple weeks and then they were gone. I probably won't see more for a couple weeks, if the rain permits!

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:36 PM   #7
daz

For things to fall apart they must has seen better days and if they have seen better days then that is always sad. In this case you can go back and see the better days. Remember a flower is a plants way of making more plants that make more flowers and next year it will try again.

Thanks all for the comments.

DAZ