Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 29, 2010, 5:12 PM   #1

Default New Challenge - Jun 30 - Jul 13 -- Got Cell?

Most everyone has a cell phone these days and most of those cell phones have cameras. The early cell phone cameras were not very good but the image quality is improving rapidly. My last cell phone (Motorazr) had a 1.2 mpx camera while my current phone (HTC Hero) is 5 mpx. I've seen new ones advertised that are 12 mpx!

Your assignment for the next two weeks is to take the best photos that you can get out of your cell phone camera (any subject). Please include the specification of the camera in your phone and any settings you were able to adjust to get the image.

This is not a battle of the phones. This is a chance to see what your cell phone camera can do and what you as the operator can do to improve the photo.

If you don't have a cell phone with a camera, perhaps you have a hand-held computer (PDA) with a camera. You may use that instead. If you don't have any kind of personal electronic device with a camera, you may use your P&S or DSLR to shoot a photo but please leave it in full auto or program mode. Again, tell us how you shot the photo.

I don't know if this is going to be a great challenge or a bust, but let's give it a try. It is kind of "Show and Tell" but also an opportunity to really explore the capabilities of that "Device" in your pocket or purse.

Please put Got Cell? in your subject line. Also please review the forum guidelines if you haven't done so in awhile.

Enjoy,
Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:07 AM   #2

Cal, I think it's a great idea, a fun departure from the norm. However, the kids are going to have to help me out with this one...LOL.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2010, 4:19 PM   #3

Well, I have no cell phone nor a PDA with a camera BUT my iMac has a built in camera so I thought that would fit the requirements. Here are 2 straight from the iMac camera.
Caryl
Attached Images

carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote