Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:05 PM   #11

Velly intelisting!! You see those oddball conversions in many different locations but you can never be ready for it when you happen upon one. I've seen barn conversions railroad car conversions, etc.

Now, there appears to be another Hunh? in that photo. Are those real automobiles or are they flat signs? If real, they appear to be embedded in the side of the building.

Nice work.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsch1 View Post
I wonder if the view is worth the $3000? Maybe we all ought to pitch in and find out.
Well 200 is my budget for vacation per year (maybe thats why I just stay home) will 15 people fit in that thing? AND who's going to cook?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:13 AM   #13

[QUOTE=penolta
This tower sits along the beach in what was until recently an unincorporated area encompassing Sunset Beach and the Surfside Colony. Surfside was annexed by Seal Beach, and Sunset Beach is being annexed by Huntington Beach, whose City Council has voted this week to raise their taxes to the level paid by HB residents. I'm unsure which one this tower is in (it is very close to the unmarked boundary line), but in either case, that $3K is probably history! I dont know who owns it now, but last I heard, it was owned by a dentist who shared it with another party who moved out on him, and he no longer could afford the upkeep.[/QUOTE]

penolta, Goodness that is a lot of annexing do you think that after some time that each resident will end up annexing their own property and just pay taxes to themselves? Who votes on doing an annex? Is it a public vote or just a city counsel thing?

Last edited by hkmp50; Nov 19, 2010 at 12:16 AM.
hkmp50 is offline   Reply With Quote