Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:58 PM   #1

Default New Challenge - Jan 26 - Feb 8 -- Animal Antics

For the next two weeks, we will be photographing animals. These can be family pets, zoo animals, or other animals you may encounter in your travels. However, there is a catch...this is not an animal portrait challenge. The animal in the photo must be doing something. This could be tricks your pet has learned, a pet chasing a toy, a squirrel raiding a bird feeder, birds cleaning the parking lot at McDonalds, a pet sleeping in an unusual location or unusual position, a duck diving for food, etc.

Action shots would be great. Shots of two animals interacting (keep it clean!).

Please put Animal Antics in your subject line. Also, just a reminder, please post your photos as a new thread, not as a reply to this or other postings.

Try to have some fun with this one. There is a shot I wish could have gotten but will never get the opportunity again. My wife and I were searching out some of the many covered bridges in Oregon when she spotted some Emu's (Australian bird similar to an Ostrich). She walked over to the fence to see them better and one reached over the fence and bit her in the arm. She was not injured but that would have made a great entry for this challenge!

Cal

Last edited by calr; Jan 25, 2011 at 5:00 PM.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links