Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:17 AM   #1

Default Point A to Point B - Old School

Here are three different perspectives of an old abandoned Railroad Bridge. It was built around 1885 to service a nearby gold and silver mining community. It has been abandoned for 80 years or so. I am not sure when they pulled the actual track off. This tressel is now owned by a local historical society, so hopefully it will remain for another few hundred years.
Its fun to imagine them building this 130 years ago. I would bet they didn't have the safety requirements we do today. I would also guess that it wasn't easy for them to get from Point A to Point B with the tools and technology (or lack of) that they had back then.
These were all taken with my Nikon D5000 using my 18-55mm kit lens. The first is actually about 25-30 pictures merged using PS8.
Thanks for looking,
Soup
Name:  Corbin RR Bridgeaemail.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  82.8 KB
Name:  DSC_0070aemail.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  158.7 KB
Name:  DSC_0032aemail.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  198.7 KB
P.S. These were fun to take today, but it makes me want to go back in the spring when it is green and sunny to try for some better pics.
Soupcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:45 PM   #2

Love the second and third, compositionally and colour!
bobbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:00 PM   #3

I also like the second for the same reasons. The first shot looks like it has been "squeezed" through an extreme wide angle lens and the lens is tilted downward.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:04 PM   #4

Beautifully composed. I would be interested in seeing these in the summer months
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 1:29 AM   #5

Thanks for the comments. They are very appreciated. I am very grateful for other people's opinions. I like the first one the best and that is why I posted it. Yes, it is a little distorted, but I kind of liked how it shows almost the whole bridge from point a to point b. I like the second OK, and the third is just ho-hum for me. Its interesting that I posted the second and third to just simply to add perspective to the first photo, and its the last two that others seem to prefer. I really enjoy learning from other's perspectives and again, thanks for your comments.
Soup
Soupcreek is offline   Reply With Quote