Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:00 PM   #1

Default Bodies in Motion-football and a flying dog

The first is from a Kansas State football game. The second was taken in a local park during our annual 4th of July celebration--all types of acts and entertainers are featured and all the performances are free.
Attached Images

spedangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:27 PM   #2

Love to see Border Collies at work. So intent on the job at hand which you captured perfectly.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:38 PM   #3

spedangie,

The football shot is a great freeze action. You just about sense the desperation in the player trying to reach the ball.

Aloha
Selvin
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:52 PM   #4

Go Kansas....what makes me wonder? Did he Get the Ball?
lisalonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:55 PM   #5

Ha! The football shot sure brings back memories. In 1989 I was a freshman at K-State and we were mired in a 23 game non-winning streak (0-22-1 I think) when North Texas came to town. There were maybe 18,000 in the stands and I still say that I've never heard a louder roar when we won even with nearly 3x as many people (it looked we were going to lose until Carl Straw mustered a very nice 2 minute drive for the go ahead touchdown, and still it was tense because there was time on the clock and K-State was so bad that everyone almost expected to lose anyway).

Thanks for posting!
Green Eyed Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:57 PM   #6

NO NO, No, We must get the school straight--this is K-State (Kansas State University), located in the little apple, Manhattan, Kansas. They are the Wildcats, clad in purple and white.
That "other" school-Kansas (KU or Kansas University) is located in Lawrence Kansas. They are known as the Jayhawks (a mythical Kansas bird), and wear crimson and blue. I really support both schools, but around here most folks are fanatical about one or the other! But I'm glad you like the photo. I was working as stadium staff at that game, had time to grab a few photos, but can't remember who ended up with that ball.
spedangie is offline   Reply With Quote