Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 19, 2011, 6:19 PM   #1
daz

Default Signs of summer - Fremont Summer Solstice Parade in Seattle

This is one strange parade.

DAZ
Attached Images

Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2011, 1:07 AM   #2

Daz,

Based on just your one shot I have to agree that looks like one strange summer activity.
It however does appear that they are having one heck of a time enjoying themselves.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:42 PM   #3
daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvin View Post
Daz,

Based on just your one shot I have to agree that looks like one strange summer activity.
It however does appear that they are having one heck of a time enjoying themselves.

Aloha
I am sans computer for a will (it is in the shop) and on my cellphone so this maybe a little ruff.

This photo is one of the few photos I can show and they do have a lot of fun. Maybe the beer gardens have something to do with that

DAZ
Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:01 PM   #4

It does look like a very strange parade (I saw your other photo posted elsewhere also). At least they are dressed for summer weather.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:57 PM   #5
daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
It does look like a very strange parade (I saw your other photo posted elsewhere also). At least they are dressed for summer weather.
If you call painted as dressed. That was mostly what they were wearing for the first part (that I can't show here) of the parade.

DAZ
Old Jun 22, 2011, 4:19 PM   #6

It looks strange but I think that was not the only strange thing going on in the Pacific Northwest that weekend. I saw a notice on KATU.com, a local TV station, that on Saturday night, a nude bicycle ride was to take place in downtown Portland. 15,000 people were supposed to participate. I never heard anything more about it so I don't know if it happened or not.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote