Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:14 AM   #1

Default Convergance - pantry & jetty

Hi friends

The first photo on this post is one I took tonight for this challenge. The composition is of the slats of the pantry (food cupboard) in my kitchen.

I used my Canon 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.2 - so it has a very thin depth of field. Hence the 'in focus' part is very small, and the front and rear out of focus part adds to the 'unresolved' nature of the photo, imho.

Not a brilliant photo -but I hope it meets the challenge and presents a unique take on the challenge.

Paul
Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:17 AM   #2

Default #2

Then this second photo is one I admit is from my archives, but I think very clearly shows convergance from the jetty's shadow (on the ground / over the water), the jetty itself and the white rail (contrast with the blue sky).

This is at Semaphore beach, Adelaide, South Australia, which is about 25 minutes drive from my home.

Ahh... how I miss the summer (as we're in the middle of a cold set of weeks now). 'Cold' for us is night temperatures of about 5 to 7 degrees Celsius and day temperatures of 14 or 15 degrees. Brrr! (But not so cold as many other parts of the world!)

Paul
Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:13 AM   #3

Good eye on #1 and well captured with the narrow DOF. #2 is also nice, but the slight tilt to the right was a bit distracting to me.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:21 PM   #4

That was unusual example of the effect of DOF with lens in the F1.7 class. Well taught.

You've got the horizon straight but as usual perspective throws the pier helter skelter.
The convergence effect is riveting.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote