Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 25, 2011, 6:32 PM   #1

Default Convergence Decay

These photos were taken today with my Canon. Liberal use of cropping on the roof and greenhouse shots; and minimal cropping on wheels. Slight color changes to make them look more true-to-life.

Last edited by JeannieBug; Jul 25, 2011 at 7:02 PM. Reason: Added more detail.
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:09 PM   #2

Because of the tight cropping the convergence lines are not very dramatic.
That said, the shots are an interesting view of a decaying barn and environment. The second shot is a tad over exposed because of the bright sunlight. Except for the foreground quite a bit of details are lost.
Selvin
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:17 PM   #3

Thanks for the feedback, Selvin!

Yeah, I didn't realize how bright the greenhouse roof was, until I uploaded the photos to my computer. Also, I was really looking at the convergence points, rather than the edges of the frame.

That's one of my biggest photography problems, I'm afraid... Being focused on my subject, rather than on the frame, as a whole.

I love the cropping tool! LOL

Thanks again!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:47 AM   #4

Default hi

I also build a greenhouse at my backyard. I know it's a small but i love it and also love to take pictures of my greenhouse. I'll try to share my greenhouse pictures soon.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by donilcruize View Post
I also build a greenhouse at my backyard. I know it's a small but i love it and also love to take pictures of my greenhouse. I'll try to share my greenhouse pictures soon.
Hi!

The greenhouse that I took photos of is HUGE! It is about 30 feet wide and 50 feet long! It was built by my sweetie's grandfather over 30 years ago. All of the logs came from this property (we have a lot of trees!) It has a large woodstove that is connected to a water heater. There are pipes that run all through the ground. His grandpa would use the woodstove to heat the water in the pipes, to warm the beds where the plants were.

His grandparents were Seventh Day Adventists and so had a REMARKABLY vegan diet. Being almost vegetarian and living in a climate where very little will grow, a large, heated greenhouse was/is necessary. The greenhouse is obviously not salvageable and frankly is a deathtrap. The cats like to go in there and hunt for rodents and I just know that one of these days, the whole thing is going to collapse on them.

I would like to just tear the whole mess down and rebuild it. I don't know what kind of damage the woodstove and plumbing has sustained. If it is intact, we would be really happy and it would make our job that much easier.

Right now we have a PVC carport that we cover in plastic and heat with a little oil heater. That has been working okay for the past couple of years. It isn't great, but it's certainly better than nothing.

I would love to see pictures of your greenhouse! We're always looking for new ideas!