Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:17 AM   #1

Default Bronte Doors

I took these photos a while ago and as you see i had to shoot into the light to get the the church door.
They are all doors used by the Bronte family and i know almost everyone has heard of the Brontes' and read at least one of the Bronte Books.
The first is their home, the second is the museum door where all things Bronte are sold and the third is the door to the church they used and are buried in. All taken in Yorkshire UK.
I think my photography has improved a little bit since then but still a long way to go, lol.
Attached Images

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:18 PM   #2

Very tough shooting conditions. Somehow I've never thought about what type of house they would have lived in, (or probably any author for that matter), but it's interesting to see it. That church looks like it would be neat to visit.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:20 AM   #3

Thanks Mtngal, the church is neat inside. The whole Bronte family is buried in a vault inside the church except the youngest daughter Ann.
Patrick, the father was the Reverend Bronte who served in the church and he was the last of the family to die, outliving all his children.
Straight opposite the door to their house, as shown above, is a narrow pathway through the garden and down through the garden wall into the church yard and church The whole family took this route when they died. Today there is a stone plaque in that little garden wall telling visitors just that. They didn't have far to go to their resting place.
My daughter and I spent ages in the church but the house was too crowded and photographs are not allowed.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.

Last edited by eysha; Feb 5, 2012 at 5:28 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:36 PM   #4

OK, I have to plead ignorance, here. I am 66 and I have never heard of the Bronte family. I guess you have live in UK for that name to be familiar. Nice shots, nevertheless.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:10 PM   #5

Thanks Cal, they did write some classics. You can find a list here http://www.bronte.netfury.co.uk/ and look up their other information if you find you are interested.
Thanks for the comment on my humble attempts. E.

Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:54 PM   #6

Cal...Jane Eyre?? Wuthering Heights?
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:45 AM   #7

Maybe you also have to be British or a girl. My husband rather turned up his nose when I mentioned the Bronte sisters once, not sure he ever read either Wuthering Heights or Jane Eyre. But I loved them both when I read them in school.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:02 PM   #8

I am both British and a girl Mtngal, lol and i loved them too.