Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 27, 2012, 3:04 PM   #1
daz

Default Player's Choice - Art?

These 3 photos are what I suspect is what you mean calr as these are heavily PP in some way. I usually just go were the muse takes me but these are more experiments to see what I could do.

The first I started with a low contrast low color photo taken with a cat lens. This also gives doughnut looks the highlights. So I upped the contrast/colors added a warming tone and a canvas look so that is looks more like a painting.

In the second I took 2 photos and made them 1. This way she can see both the past and the future.

The third I made the photos of someone making an oil painting look like a painting.
Attached Images

Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:45 PM   #2

I like the second shot the best. We've seen that photo previously but I still like it.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 7:08 PM   #3
daz

On hindsight I have posted this before. Sorry. I have been planning to do some more like this as I to like the way it turned out.

DAZ
Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:40 PM   #4

That second one is fascinating, I really like it. I hadn't seen it before - was the frame there or something you added to the picture? It's really cool!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:25 AM   #5

Yes, I have admired the second one in a previous challenge.....that certainly doesnt take away from admiring it again. I really like it and enjoyed seeing it again.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:03 AM   #6
daz

Iíve been doing this for so long that sometimes I forget what I have posted in the past, or maybe I am just getting old.

Thanks vsch1 and mtngal. I had taken some photos of the baby for my friend earlier in the day and afterwords we went for a walk in the park before lunch. In this park under the bridge they have these frames as public art. I realized that she had photos of her baby now but no photos of her and her baby. Looking at the frame gave me the idea and on a lark I took the 2 photos needed to make this photo. I to liked the way it turned out so I will keep my eye out for something like this that I can do. Now I have to go do my chores like shipping out my 50-135 lens I broke on my last trip. After my chores are out of the way then I get to go take more photos.

DAZ