Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Oct 13, 2012, 3:57 PM   #1

Default repetition

Subject is not too pretty but it meets the challenge!

*LOL*

Bill

Last edited by Curmudgeon; Dec 23, 2012 at 3:59 PM.
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2012, 6:32 PM   #2

Explanation please. I strongly suspect that the six gentlemen in this image are the same person and some serious photochopping has taken place. I suspect that six separate photos were taken with the subject in each of the different locations. Then some serious work with layers and transparency yielded this image.

I am truly amazed by the work here. This must have taken many hours (or days) to accomplish. Great work.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:57 AM   #3

Cal. This is quite simple and takes just a few minutes. Nice job Curmie.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:14 AM   #4

Cal, Bynx is correct on this one. It did not take but about 30 mins for the shooting and about 45 for the post processing (mainly because I had never done this before). This was a practice shot for a concept photo I have in mind. The fact that I was wearing colorful clothing against the dark burgundy colored furniture make it easier.. not to mention the lily white legs *LOL*.

The only thing you have to watch out for is making sure you get the layers in the right order so when one person's arm or whatever overlaps the person behind them it will look correct.

I put the camera on a tripod and just used the timer to give me time to get into position and shot the frames. I then opened each photo in photoshop and use the quick selection brush to pick just the person and created a "layer from cut or copy". This gave me just the person with a transparent background. I chose this entire layer and copied over to my base photo. This was done 5 times and voila you have a bunch of guys that think just alike.

The only tricky part was the recliner. Since it rocks, it took on a different attitude when I sat in it as opposed to when I was not in it. So I had to select the entire chair and some of the blind and lamps behind it to move over to the base photo.

Eventually, I want to do this photo with like eight of me. Each one will be me dressed in a different way to represent part of my life or interests. It was a fun thing.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; Oct 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM.
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 6:11 PM   #5

Very funny
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:48 PM   #6

Love this!!
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:52 PM   #7

LOL! Very clever, indeed! I've never tried more than 2 of me and made sure that there was no overlap. It was much easier than doing something like this, but even so, I had issues to deal with that were unexpected. I'm really impressed with how well this one came out.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote