Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:14 AM   #1

Default Panorama - Cold

My husband didn't know all that much about photography, but whenever we'd go somewhere he'd happily snap away at what caught his eye. He often took multiple shots that I would stitch together. Since he had no idea about timing or aligning or things like that, there were often some mistakes. In this case, the frames weren't shot that close together time-wise. It was really cold and dreary, snowing/sleeting a bit. This was the last one I have of his, taken the day after Christmas in Red Rock National Monument. One doesn't think of snow when it comes to Las Vegas, usually, but it does occasionally.

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:48 PM   #2

I was in Vegas one winter and nearly froze my tootsies off. I can easily see why it might snow sometimes.
That is a pretty weird looking shape rising up before the tourists. Almost likes a giant termite hill.

What is it?
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:10 PM   #3

Maybe he did that deliberately to have two of you! Nevertheless, it turned out fine and provides a nice memory of him for you.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:15 AM   #4

selvin - I don't think the rock rising up before me has any particular importance, it's a hunk of weathered sandstone, like much of the rock in the area (and not even very red, there is some bright red rock to the right of where I'm standing (twice). Apparently at one time the area was used as a quarry for sandstone, and this is a trailhead leading into the area. Maybe some time I'll be able to hike back on one of these trails (there are a number of ones in the national monument) but I never seem to have the time or opportunity.

penolta - thanks, it is nice to have something like this to remind me of what a good eye he had, to hope that I never tire of trying to find different ways of looking at the same scene.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote