Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 18, 2013, 4:31 PM   #1

Default Roadways--out where Kansas IS flat!

Most people assume that Kansas is flat, flat, flat! These two photos will further that image! They were taken in the western half of Kansas where the hills are infrequent. The first was taken at the top of one of those hills--the gravel road below stretches to the distant horizon with nary a hill in sight.
The second was taken in far western Kansas near the Colorado border where it REALLY is flat. We were on the way to see the amazing 40 foot high chalk spires that rise out of a farm pasture. I was struck by these two lonely trees, one on each side of the road, that seemed to be--well--kissing! They were the only two larger trees in that area.
I live in the eastern half of Kansas where it is NOT flat as is shown on my post in this biweekly shootout titled "Traveling on Two Wheels".
Attached Images

spedangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2013, 9:38 PM   #2

So there are TWO Kansas states! The trees do look out of place, a tunnel where there's no right to be. I notice that they are growing at a dip, probably better water. But that first one - incredible how far you can see.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2013, 11:00 PM   #3

Kansas = the long straight leading into Denver ?

Really, very nice photos....the first capturing that sense of the lack of any other geographic feature, and the trees in the second grabbing the eye of the viewer. nicely done.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote