Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Feb 26, 2004, 7:03 PM   #1

Default The rule?

Here is my shot..
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2004, 9:52 PM   #2

wow, a federal signal q siren!!

these things are big, they are by no doubt awsome, and very expensive(do an ebay search for q siren), dont forget they are extremly lound!!!
one of the most pobular mechanical fire sirens

sorry, i just love sirens, i colect them and restore them

ok, now that everyone knows what a weirdo i am, back to photo stuff

this kinda folows the rule of thirds
i like the fire truck in the background and the refection
also, your low angle gives it a since of pride and power

i like it
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2004, 10:53 PM   #3

Cowboy...

Nice color, I can see the "Black" color philosophy shining in this one! As for breaking rules, you certainly broke the mold with respect to color here. I think you also successfully destroyed the rule of thirds.

My brother has a Nikon 5700, and the first thing I noticed about that camera was the richness of color. Of course it's more than the tool, but I'm beginning to think that the Nikon tool has a bit over other tools in the area of color richness.

Excellent shot!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2004, 6:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradg
wow, a federal signal q siren!!

these things are big, they are by no doubt awsome, and very expensive(do an ebay search for q siren), dont forget they are extremly lound!!!
I used to be a member of a rescue squad and all of our vehicles had Q's on them, because it was the only way we could get through traffic!
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2004, 10:01 AM   #5

I just saved your photo to my hard drive, Dale, because my sense is that you may have broken the Rule of Thirds but not what it's based on, which is that complicated piece of business called the Golden Mean. Hope it doesn't take me all week to figure it out. I used to be so good at math... Maybe I'll ask my son to figure it out. Yeah, that's the ticket!
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2004, 7:19 PM   #6

Well I read the rule, and can understand it, do I repect it? Yes, Do I shoot with this in the back of my mind? No. I compose every shot as if it is going to hang on the wall for thousands to see. When I used to shoot competitive Archery, And you released the Arrow you knew the moment you released it if it was a bullseye or not, I am lucky I did that because I feel the same thing when I hit the shutter.Thanks for the comments. Wow!!! Brad you no your sirens that is neat, And yes they move people out of the way ours are foot controled so we use it alot. If you like the Fire dept pics check my link for more.
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2004, 11:23 AM   #7

That's an interesting observation, Dale, and what's interesting about it is the notion of it simply feeling right. It makes me think that all those dead Greek guys with their Golden Mean were really onto something. If it feels right to you, and if it often turns out that what felt right conforms to the Golden Mean, then perhaps we humans have an inborn and unconscious agreement about what constitutes beauty.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote