Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:43 PM   #1

Default New Challenge - July 23-Aug 5 -- One Color

Your challenge for the next two weeks is to shoot photograph(s) where the entire image is predominantly one color. For example, a blue boat on a blue lake. Try to pick a composition that is not seen every day.

Quite a few years ago, this very challenge was issued in a photography class I was taking. I chose the color green but there was not a blade of grass or the leaf of a tree in any of my photos. I shot a group of photos of John Deere tractors at a local dealership (with permission, of course!)

Whatever color you may choose, this is the concept I am looking for. A few years back, I posted this same challenge here. I think some people misunderstood the intent of the challenge. They posted photos in which the subject was one predominant color but not the background. For this challenge, if you choose blue, I want to glace at your photo and see blue! I don't want to see a small blue flower in front of a green house!

I hope you get the idea.
Please put One Color along with the chosen color in your title line. (e.g. One Color - Pink)

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links