Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 3, 2004, 10:15 PM   #1

Default Evidence

It seems someone has left a mess on the kitchen table!

After they did that, they left crumbs all over the front of my computer desk, and a dirty napkin. Wait a tic, what are those strange little plastic cylinders there? :lol:
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2004, 5:57 AM   #2

Default Texture

I love the texture and hue of the cutting board - an excellent prop.

I do not recognize the containers.

Rod
Rod Bruckdorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 6:21 AM   #3

Default Re: Evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf065
Wait a tic, what are those strange little plastic cylinders there? :lol:
We have a few of those around. My wife insists on stuffing the contents of those cylinders into her camera. I on the other hand just use them as a storage container.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 6:55 AM   #4

But what, pray tell, is that black rocky thing? Did someone give you coal for Christmas?
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 7:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoultry
But what, pray tell, is that black rocky thing? Did someone give you coal for Christmas?
I had one of those once. It is a fossilzed prune :lol: As to the cylinder things, if you people were as old as dirt, like me, you would know that people once wrote strange messages, with a paint called ink, and sent them to far away places, like Cleveland, carried by strange creatures called postal workers. It sometimes took days for it to arrive. This is an acient artifact called FILM. It was used to capture the spirit of people and make them slaves to the photo developers. :lol:
DX6490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 8:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX6490
Quote:
I had one of those once. It is a fossilzed prune :lol: As to the cylinder things, if you people were as old as dirt, like me, you would know that people once wrote strange messages, with a paint called ink, and sent them to far away places, like Cleveland, carried by strange creatures called postal workers. It sometimes took days for it to arrive. This is an acient artifact called FILM. It was used to capture the spirit of people and make them slaves to the photo developers. :lol:
Paint? Ink? Film? You're confusing me!

Actually, I'm old enough to remember punch cards, terminals, accustic modems...

Now when my son and daughter grow up, they're going to tell their friends, "You wouldn't believe it, but my dad had to store things on a flat circle. He called it a CD!" and... "His camera used a square plastic thing called a SD card and it only had room for about 512 images."
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 8:47 AM   #7

Default Bernard Moitessier

Quote:
you would know that people once wrote strange messages, with a paint called ink, and sent them to far away places, like Cleveland, carried by strange creatures called postal workers. It sometimes took days for it to arrive. This is an acient artifact called FILM. It was used to capture the spirit of people and make them slaves to the photo developers.
You gave me a good laugh and reminded me of the late Bernard Moitessier writings in The Long Way. He talked about the machine people and how machines make man build other machines to destroy nature. Unless you have dreams of ocean voyaging to distant shores, you would not have heard of Moitessier.

Thank you,

Fair Winds & Following Seas,

Rod
Rod Bruckdorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 12:49 PM   #8

I just hate it when people talk about being old when I know darned well I'm a whole lot older than they are. :evil:
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 2:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX6490
Quote:
that one had me laughing pretty good!!!

btw....i'm obviously the oldest one here!!!!! come one....

lol
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 9:56 PM   #10

Actually I believe that is a piece of some sort of volcanic rock, but not coal. I have certain people around my house of a science teacher persuasion, and things like that get left everywhere!
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote