Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:28 PM   #1

Default New Challenge Sep 16-29 - "Look Up"

For the next two weeks, you will be pointing your camera toward the sky. (Weather permitting!)

You may interpret this any way you desire but here are a couple ideas:
  1. Stand at the corner of a tall building and look up. Some spectacular shots can be obtained this way.
  2. Stand in the middle of a group of trees and look up. You might even want to lay on the ground for this. I've seen some great shots using this technique. I've even shot a few of my own.
  3. If you are inside a building with a high or domed ceiling, look up. Laying on the floor for this kind of shot may get you some funny looks but the results are worth it.
  4. If you have access to a boat on a river with some architectural wonders called bridges, try shooting the bridge from the boat. The same idea could be applied to freeway overpasses and elevated roadways.
I think you get the idea by now so get out there and "look up". For shots taken laying down, I suggest taking along something to lay on. Also, it might desirable to have a second "safety" person with you to explain what you are doing to the "lookie-loos" and to watch for hazards.

Please put Look up in your subject line and....Enjoy.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:00 PM   #2

Here are a couple examples.
The first is a stained glass skylight in the Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia.

The second is a group of dormant trees in Hillsboro, Oregon

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote