Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 17, 2004, 7:35 PM   #11

I'm not worthy...
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2004, 7:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Would you ever offer to do a photoshop class
There are many who know PS far better than I do. Really.

Quote:
I'm not worthy...
Oh no, Monkey143! Be careful or you'll end up like Rod was for a while, being no more than a compression wave. This is not good--your cat won't be able to find you. Thank you for the sentiment, but please don't become a wave.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2004, 7:55 PM   #13

I think DH would like it if I become a compression wave for awhile :? He's done nothing but complain about the meals I set before him, and pack/take to work for him, lately. :roll: I think I'll give him one of your eggs. And the grain of salt I take him complaining with. Ought to make a good meal for one.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 9:34 PM   #14

Barbara,
I was just amazed by this picture. I swear that you have to do this stuff well before you announce the challenge to us!
If not for this challenge I do agree that the solitary egg picture is more attractive. You inspire me to become a better photographer! Ok, well at least a more patient photographer... :lol:
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2004, 9:46 PM   #15

I like your photo. It's very interesting! But, for those of us who aren't very good at figuring out symbolism, would you mind explaining what it means? I don't understand the cemetery inside the egg. :? Nevermind. I just reread the title.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2004, 9:48 PM   #16

i think if you used overlay on the egg layer with the cemetary behind it or something.....don't know
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2004, 9:59 PM   #17

Default Monkey 143

Hum, my friend worked on a railroad crew in Canada one summer. We are talking North, way North.

The crews lived in railcars and had a dinner car - rough stuff, two weeks on of 12 hour days with 4 days off.

The food was just awful.

Finally after one week of being on the job, he could not stand it and stood up in the dinning car then stated, "The food was the worse food he had eaten, just terrible stuff."

The dinner car became real quite then some big moose of a guy stands up and points to the sign "You complain and You Cook."

At first, my friend did his best to make good food but after a month he was tired of cooking and wanted out. He started cooking god awful stuff but none of the guys complained.

Finally, he spotted a moose pie on the ground. Yep, this one was fresh. That night he prepared the best diner he could. After the main meal he served his pie, You got it, moose pie. His grandmother could not have baked a prettier pie.

The guys saw the pie but before anyone could cut a slice, the biggest, meanest guy in camp took the pie, cut a slice and bit.

My friend thought is was dead. The guy stood up, approached him and yelled.

"Moose Pie, but its good." :lol:

I suggest you serve Moose Pie at the next meal. It also makes great left-overs for lunch.

Rod
Rod Bruckdorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2004, 2:33 AM   #18

Very nice Barbara, you couldnīt GET any newer or older! You are like me, I always take a while to get to sleep because of my "Tick-Tock" brain (as my wife calls it!). Some of the best ideas and solutions to problems are found in the solitude of your own, uninterrupted space.
I have been thinking of how to get that black shiny effect under a subject for close up "Leaning on the arms-looking gloomily at the camera" - type - portrait! Again, that is why this forum is so important to me....Brainstorming of the masses! Thanks.
Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2004, 4:31 AM   #19

Quote:
Jimboy, that's how I accomplished the erasing--by reducing the opacity of the cemetery pic--so I saw how it looked. With translucence, it appeared as if laid on the surface of the egg, not within, which was the effect I was going for.
OK, obviously it's size and 72ppi don't do it justice, or more than likley it's time to spring clean my monitor :shock: excellent picture.

Did you say the shot was done the night before setting the challenge ? :evil: :evil: :evil: ... not that it matters in my case, im still trying to figure out a subject for last weeks let alone this
Jimboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2004, 6:58 AM   #20

Rod, LOL