Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 24, 2004, 3:24 AM   #1

Default o.t. just poking my nose in

...what a great idea! Keep honed up while we're holed up for the winter! 8)

I've been so wrapped up in other things lately (outside of family & home...it's been printers) and I'd just been thinking how I've absolutely neglected my camera, amongst a few other things :shock:

Software, printers, papers, calibration/profiling etc ( :shock: )...decided to take it in stride. I've gotten behind in many other things: correspondence, missing a couple of prenatal appointments (didn't really "miss" that though!) etc.

Finally, when I finally got my butt in gear, I went in to make myself a dentist appointment...only to find our only dentist will not be back in town until the 8th of April. I then went in to make a hair appointment...to discover my hair dresser will be out for 2 weeks! She's in Hawaii. I snoozed, I lost. lol Now the question is, when they get back in town...will I be back in the procrastination mode?
Note to self: tomorrow I must make a prenatal appointment. Ugh!

Anyway, sorry I haven't been on much. I'll see to it that I get my responses out and get back in and join the fun & education.

I hope all is doing well!
~Kate and always late, as of late ops:
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2004, 7:38 AM   #2

Kate! You showed up! I've been waiting and waiting to "see" you again. We'll keep the home fires burning while you waddle your way through life's mundane appointments. (Are you actually in the waddle stage yet?)
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 8:10 PM   #3

Hi, Kate! I guess you're having a baby?!?! How wonderful! I'm new here so I thought I'd say "hi!"
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 12:41 AM   #4

Hi Barbara!

Quote:
We'll keep the home fires burning while you waddle your way through life's mundane appointments. (Are you actually in the waddle stage yet?)
lol and thanks for keeping the flames a' flickerin' Waddling? Just about. In just a very short time, my waist line has definitely expanded. In fact, in putting on a pair of sweats that I had wore just a little over a week ago, found that I had to let the draw-string out.

I've also discovered that when I walk, I lean in quite abit. Subconsciously trying to distribute the weight or perhaps I'm trying to get somewhere faster...just the rest of my body isn't cooperating :P

Normally, when walking up stairs (as I do to get to the front doors of the P.O.) I skip a step, kind of jog my way up. The last time I tried that, it felt like my feet were flattened and weighted with bricks. My butt also said, "HeEeY, going South!"
It certainly didn't feel right, which caused me to look around self-consciously.
A Ginger Rogers I am not.

I hope all is going alright for you, Barbara. I'll email you soon.

Keep on sparkin' the fire :lol:
~Kate
Old Mar 25, 2004, 1:04 AM   #5

Hi monkey143,

Thank you for the warm greetings and welcome aboard! Glad to have you here.

Yes, I'm definately adding a new addition to the family. In the meantime, what am I doing...preparing another nursery?
No, frantically preparing a digital darkroom...of course! :lol:

Gone is, "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and in it's stead, "Photoshop Bible"
Gone is, "Exercising Through Your Pregnancy" and in it's stead, "Mastering digital photography" :lol:

Okay, kidding aside...look forward to seeing you again, here

~Kate
Old Mar 25, 2004, 6:33 AM   #6

Here's wishing you a trouble-free pregnancy and darkroom building!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 6:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by informativetoo
Gone is, "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and in it's stead, "Photoshop Bible"
Gone is, "Exercising Through Your Pregnancy" and in it's stead, "Mastering digital photography" :lol:
How about these?

http://tinyurl.com/2ckgc

http://tinyurl.com/3ygll

http://tinyurl.com/347uz

http://tinyurl.com/yu3vt
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2004, 2:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Here's wishing you a trouble-free pregnancy and darkroom building!
:P Thanks, Monkey.

Promisekeeper:
lol I hadn't thought of using those books :lol:
The best way to take a picture of an infant, I've found, is litterally getting on the floor with them and laying on my belly.
Now if they are walking...that's a whole other story! :P
They aren't the easiest subject to take photos of, that's for sure!

Anne Geddes sure has a great deal of talent when photographing infants/children and never runs short of ideas. Her photos are a-lot of fun to look at.
Old Mar 27, 2004, 10:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by informativetoo
The best way to take a picture of an infant, I've found, is litterally getting on the floor with them and laying on my belly.
Now if they are walking...that's a whole other story! :P
They aren't the easiest subject to take photos of, that's for sure!
I have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 10 month old. The 10 month old is not even crawling yet, but she does "military crawl" so I better get her before she starts to move! My son however is a different story! Hard to hit a moving object!
Quote:
Anne Geddes sure has a great deal of talent when photographing infants/children and never runs short of ideas. Her photos are a-lot of fun to look at.
Yes, I'll never get tired of looking at her images!
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote