Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 1, 2004, 6:37 PM   #11

Didn't Campbell's soup cans look like that in the '50s too? I just don't remember it ever looking much different from that.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 8:56 AM   #12

I had to laugh at all the great guesses but I was impressed with Toners Ė closest, in my opinion. I liked MoonGypsy's story, too! DX, you're right about what I wanted to name this. In 1951, the PR guy from Van Kamps was sent to this local store to shoot a commercial. Each shopper auditioned. This is my paternal grandmother and uncle (she had 5 kids so this was a typical buggyfull, Toners, not all you could fit in five minutes ). She didnít get to be in the commercial but she did get this lovely souvenir! I blew it, because I didnít know you could right-click properties to get the name of the file! No red herring, no monkey games, and this is certainly not me!!! Grandma was my first grandparent to pass away, four years ago, with Alzheimerís. Grampap died immediately, but his body didnít die until a year later. That surprised me, because they were constantly bickering and niggling at each other. Thanks, guys Ė what a fun ride that was!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 11:00 AM   #13

An ad, but nevertheless and personal photo. This was a unique offering to the show.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 6:50 PM   #14

Quote:
what a fun ride that was!
For sure Monkey143. It's going to take me the rest of an enjoyable evening reading the rest. Heck, I'll even put off reading my new Shutterbug magazine that arrived today!
toners is offline   Reply With Quote