Default good old days: Three more to ponder

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2004, 6:12 AM   #2

Default Three images

My guess:

The first photo is your grandparents wedding photo,

The second photo is a family reunion, Circa late 50's early 60's,

The third photo is you as a little girl.
Rod Bruckdorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 8:32 AM   #3

I agree with Rod. That third photo has the look of those first Instamatic cameras. With the stinky sticks you used to process the film.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 10:28 AM   #4

Ditto to what Rod said.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 11:06 AM   #5

Is that you, seated, arms crossed, in the white and red plaid frock?
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 12:09 PM   #6

actually i think it might be

the face matches your avatar
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 4:42 PM   #7

My vote is that the first picture is of her mother. They seem to have similar facial structures.

I've seen shots like that third one many times... just a snap of you as a kid with your sister/brother.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:45 PM   #8

Photo one is My Husbands Grandparents on his fathers side. Taken in Australia around 1906. We know little about my husbands side of the family. my hubby was born when his dad was 54 and the family photos have little written on them. If hubbys dad was alive today he would be 97, around 20 years older than most of the Dads of kids from our generation.

Photo two, taken in 1960, Perth western australia. NO Im not the child with the arms crossed. Im the little red headed baby in mums arms to the back left of the picture. I was 11 months old. That little girl in front with crossed arms is a cousin by marriage, no blood ties. My older brother is at mums feet (bottom left of picture,another red head). My older sister is middle row diectly below the lady with the black and white striped top on. These families were all close due to the fact that they all traveled out to Australia on a ship at the same time from England. They met up about a year after they came here. Of the adults only 4 are still living. Of the children, 3 are teachers, one engineer, one geologist and a nurse.

Photo three yes that me aged nine with my two year old younger sister. taken in 1969 in Kings park, Perth western Australia on a day out for a family picnic.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 11:16 PM   #9

Quote:
and the family photos have little written on them
A lesson to us all. Many years ago, when I had learned the darkroom, and how to copy and somewhat restore older photographs, I was enthralled with the detail that could be brought out by enlarging small snapshots, and tweaking the tones a bit. Using those meager skills, I produced several copies of a book of selected family photos, and gave them out as gifts. Years later after my Grandma had died, my Dad returned to me the album I had given her, apologizing that she had written in it. I told him no harm was done - she had turned it into a treasure by annotating the photographs.

This week, despite my fancy genalogy software, with its laboriously built database, it was that old album I pulled off the top closet shelf to verify who was really who.

Make prints from your important (and unimportant) digimages, and write on 'em.

Those are great photographs, full of the qualities that make family photographs the treasures they are. Thanks for sharing them all the way from down under.
toners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 10:12 AM   #10

Default Writing on the back of photos

Toners:

First, I like the story and your suggestion to annotate images is priceless. My mother annotated the old images, now I have a record of the family I never personally knew.

rod
Rod Bruckdorfer is offline   Reply With Quote