Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 5, 2004, 12:48 PM   #11

What a wonderful story!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 2:04 PM   #12

Default Stories

What a wonderful story. Yes, when one see the image then knows the story, the people come alive for us.

rod
Rod Bruckdorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 11:52 PM   #13

I think no matter what age we are, we all have stories to tell about some photographs that no one else knows. Stories like this one, that bring people alive. I ranted elswhere about writing on prints, to preserve bits of history that otherwise would be lost. But in the digi-age, we have some tools that would capture tales like this one much better than a few pencil lines on the back of a photograph. I'm thinking of the slide show software that allows you to record captions for images, add musical sound tracks and so on, and write the whole thing to a CD or DVD. I'm thinking of selecting a few older family photos, that only I really know the stories behind, and putting together a few slide shows like that.

Just what I need - another project!
toners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 6:42 AM   #14

toners, I've decided to do this for my sister, also. We each got half of the family albums and I thought she might like a copy of the pics I got.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 7:06 AM   #15

I did exactly as Toners suggests, putting together a family album for all the cousins. Not only were my album photos in the show, but so were theirs, some of them sent as attachments to e-mail, others sent through the regular mail. The show took a year to build, and it starts back in the mid-1800's, coming right up to the present, each slide speaking about the people, their lives, their journeys. All the cousins, including me, are grateful to me for having done it. Go thou and do likewise. You'll thank yourself for many years.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 9:03 AM   #16

Oh, now your posts are higher than my birth year! I think I am going to do this. It will be fun - I intend to touch up all photos after scanning. It will take forever, I'm sure, but be worth it.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 9:43 AM   #17

Quote:
It will take forever
It will, but it's also truly a labor of love.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote