Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 3, 2004, 2:21 PM   #1

Default Good Old Days - Trio

deexley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2004, 3:27 PM   #2

I haven't a clue about this one other than the fact that the girls are wearing dresses, which is quite a rare sight these days. Maybe the 1950's? It looks as if the boy and the girl on the right are siblings, but the little blonde girl could be a little sister, a cousin, or maybe just a friend.

The building behind them looks to have a good amount of age on it. The house I grew up in was built in around 1820 and it had some of the same look of wear on its bricks. I'm curious, though, about the way this one was built, its walls appearing to be set in from the foundation.

What in heck is that swing hanging from?
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2004, 4:52 PM   #3

The little blonde girl is the ornery one!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2004, 7:53 PM   #4

Default Vacation Shot

Circa 1950;s, the boy and girl on the right are definitely related. The younger girl is also related. I believe this was taken during a vacation, perhaps visiting a historic fort in Canada's Maritimes.

Mahoney Bay, hum, close to Lunenburg and the host for the woodenboat festival. If Stan Rogers were alive, I could see him at the festival singing "Make and Break Harbor."

Rod
Rod Bruckdorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2004, 8:32 PM   #5

I agree with Rod on the time, but it could be even earlier, such as world war 2; those strapped shoes the little girl on the left is wearing I believe were around even then. As well, the photo and faces seem to me to have a British or European flavor as well as the brick construction in the background. My guess would be either war time or immediately post-war, deexley is the guy in the back, the girl at our right is his little sister and the girl at our left is his little sister's friend. The only reason that I'm assuming that deexley is male is because of the avitar choice, which seems to me more of a "male" sort of choice. I guess I could have read deexley's past posts to get more of a clue but I decided not to.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 5:32 PM   #6

The picture was taken in 1953 while we were stationed in the Suez Canal Zone Egypt. We were there with our father who was in the British Army; the photo is of me with my two sisters and was taken outside our family quarters.

Quote:
bcoultry What in heck is that swing hanging from?
Barb the swing was hanging from the veranda beams.

Quote:
Monkey143, the little blonde girl is the ornery one!
You hit that right on the button.

The picture was taken on my first camera a, simple twin lens reflex that took 127 size film, I won the camera on the “guess the daily mileage contest” aboard the ship that transported us to Egypt.

Oh those memories :roll:
deexley is offline   Reply With Quote