Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 6, 2004, 6:50 AM   #1

Default Way off topic

Barb, I hope you don't mind me posting this here, but you all are my photog family!

Sorry that I have not been around lately, my schedule is so crazy right now.

I can't really go into great detail, but I need prayer about my job. I really need to leave my current job, the sooner the better. It is not a very healthy place (mentally, spiritually, and physically) to be. My manager is not one that I would nominate for the "Manager of the Year" award.

I have had some situations that are not good for my career path here at my current job. I have a job interview tomorrow afternoon, but unfortunately it is during working hours and my manager will not give me time off (after giving me permission to take time off, he later recinded his permission). I have considered contacting the person I will be interviewing with and seeing if I could just make this a telephone interview, but (1) I have alreay rescheduled once and I don't want to reschedule again. This might send a poor image about me if I am always rescheduling my interviews! And (2) I would rather not do a telephone interview, because I can sell myself better in-person rather than over the phone.

I have talked to a friend of mine from church who owns a Chick-fil-a. I could work for him, even on a temporary basis until I find something else and he will be flexible with allowing me time to go interview. I talked to him last night and he said that he needs to look some things over and then get back to me.

I of course don't want to force the Lord's hand in this, nor do I want to force my friend's hand in deciding whether or not to hire me, but I need to know what to do and when to do it. I have this interview tomorrow and I need to know how to handle that if I can't go (since my boss won't let me have the time off). I have a meeting with my manager this afternoon. It would be nice to know what to tell him in this meeting, but again, I do not want to force His hand. His answer will come in His timing!

I'll try and keep you posted!
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2004, 9:01 AM   #2

I noticed you missing, PromiseKeeper, and was going to PM you to ask if everything was OK, late last week, but felt that might be prying. Of course, I will pray for you. I will offer no advice, since you'll get The Big Guy's advice, which is far better than anything I could suggest or recommend.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 9:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey143
I noticed you missing, PromiseKeeper, and was going to PM you to ask if everything was OK, late last week, but felt that might be prying. Of course, I will pray for you. I will offer no advice, since you'll get The Big Guy's advice, which is far better than anything I could suggest or recommend.

Hey Monkey, is it just me, or did you shrink? (your avatar)
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:40 AM   #4

As toners said in another thread, I am a shrunk monk. Yes, I got a little too happy on downsizing my new picture. That's OK, because it makes me look middle age (I'm not!) when it's larger.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 9:59 PM   #5

Quote:
I of course don't want to force the Lord's hand in this
How does it go: trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding, and He will give you... do not be anxious about anything, but in everything with prayer and supplication let your request be made to the Lord...and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

I think you're on the right track and I don't think that you really believe that you can "force" God's hand. He has something in mind for you and I'd suggest that you continue to do exactly what you are doing: maintain faith, pray, and ask for prayer from others, as you are doing in channel here (and I know that God will bless you for that action! If that isn't an action of faith and trust then nothing is).

My little sister is going through something similar but she's been keepin on keepin on and things are getting better because she hasn't quit, but is persevering, and that word is "really" important in such situations.

Of course I'll contribute my prayers for your situation and I'd just suggest that you keep on doing exactly what your doing...trusting in the midst of trouble.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:27 PM   #6

i second those words......

i'll pray too
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2004, 12:10 AM   #7

I'm positive that your vocal support, Vito, is a huge blessing. Just think about how great it would be if every single visitor gave a promise of prayer. Now "that" would be cool...the new challenge to all of you guyz! And if you promise to pray about it make sure that you do it! I believe in prayer and hope that everyone who visits this string will not only commit to pray but also show visibly through a post that they will.

That cute little green icon with yellow head needs support, so let's all get with it visibly and post our support. One word would be enough!

Let's all commit to keep a promise to the PROMISE KEEPER
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2004, 5:54 AM   #8

Good morning, PromiseKeeper! I pray your today goes well and you are led to make the right decision about your interview today!
Old Apr 7, 2004, 6:41 AM   #9

PromiseKeeper:

I am thinking about you and hope that all works out OK. I have been in your situation and I know how hard it is. But, I also know that things work out for a reason and good people get the prize in the end. Hang in there and it will all work out.

Gil
gmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2004, 9:36 AM   #10

Thank you everyone for the kind words (both here and in PM)!

Well, I turned in my resignation yesterday. It was something that I had to do. So, I got to sleep late today! Something that hasn't happened in a while! Feels good!

I have an interview this afternoon, and I am going to try and arrange for another interview (with a different company), which reminds me... I have to call them... Be right back!

The line is busy, I'll try again later.

Anyway, as I was saying... I have an interview this afternoon and also I am going to work for a friend from church, who owns a Chick-fil-a. I'll be the front end manager. He is aware of the fact that I am interviewing and looking for something else, but this way I'll be helping him out. Even if I only end up working for him for a month, I will still be helping him out.

Ok, I just tried that call again, and the person I need to speak with is not in the office until after 1 PM, so I'll try calling later.

Thank you again everyone!