Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:49 PM   #1

Default Seeing Double - Spirit to Spirit

I must confess I didn't take this picture, my dad did (I work at his studio) but I couldn't resist. He has been doing this picture for probable 20 years, whenever he does a wedding at the Mormon Temple in Mesa. The first time he ever did it was at his sister's wedding and it was by accident - he forgot to wind the film. Turns out it was their favorite picture from the whole wedding. The groom (my uncle) was killed by a cement truck a few months later so this holds a special place in his heart. so anyway that was 20 years ago and he's been doing it on purpose ever since. He named this pose "Spirit to Spirit". He used to be able to get the whole temple in the picture but a few years ago they decided to put a big sign right in front of the reflecting pool so now he has to do it off-center.
I'm not sure who the couple is in this picture. He did this picture at my wedding so maybe I'll have to dig it up and replace this one with the one of me & my wife.
LTBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:51 PM   #2

This is beautiful! And appropriate! (You don't look old enough to be married!) What a nice story and photo.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 3:02 PM   #3

It's an eerie photo once the rest of the story is told, but before I even read about it, I looked at the picture and thought how ghostly it appeared.

It's a really nice photo, but it's also a sad one.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 4:14 PM   #4

Default Composite Image

Nicely done and very creative. I can see why this is a good seller - let the market place speak and the endorphins flow.

rod
Rod Bruckdorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 10:25 PM   #5

very cool shot!

i have an idea for the sign problem.....bring a potted tree with you.....and just place it in front of it....or now that we are in the digital age you can just clone it out..
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote