Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 15, 2004, 3:20 PM   #1

Default Seeing Double - Pickles

Here is my feeble attempt. It is two images. The first is the background which was taken today. It is of a tree which has lost a branch (which is lying next to it). I had to touch it up to try and get more "feel" into it. The original can be found here.
The second image was cut from a 35mm photo I took of our new dog just after we got her. If the photo she was holding a stick. I cut her out and set the layer to 85% opacity. She was slightly edited to. The original can be found here.

The aim was to somehow give the impression that a large (massive) dog had broken the branch of the tree. I don't think I have succeeded in that.

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2004, 3:24 PM   #2

the light seems to be right....which is very important when putting two together..buuut....i can't see any paws
if you can find a way to hide where the paws should be....maybe a well placed rock from another shot or another log....but now they just kinda dissapear...

just a little work and this will be very good!
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2004, 6:42 PM   #3

Or how about having a monster dog emerging from the woods? You could have the "small" trees covering where the paws would have been. It might be worth it since your idea is a really amusing one.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 4:35 AM   #4

She has large bright green blades of grass covering her feet which didn't fit in with the short grass in the background photo. I tried to fade them out to hide it, that is part of the reason for setting here opacity.

"the light seems to be right....which is very important when putting two together.."
That is nice to know. It was very overcast when I took the picture of the trees. The weather report said sunny and as soon as we stepped foot inside the house the sun came out. Typical. :lol: But it was very sunny when I took the picture of pickles. I was trying out my new 300mm lens and was lucky to catch her looking at me with a stick in her mouth and her poking her tongue out.

"Or how about having a monster dog emerging from the woods?"
I did think of something along those lines - a forest guard dog - but didn't know how to go about it. I use PSP7 (I have Photoshop but am far more comfortable with PSP) and all the stuff I know has been picked up from making web graphics and message board buttons. So it's a bit limited.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 9:12 AM   #5

I don't see the large dog - but I do see a really neat shot. It's also paradoxical - dog with no feet chasing/catching a stick. I like it!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote