Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 15, 2004, 11:22 PM   #1

Default Seeing Double- Daffodils and bees

Took both these pics this morning, and I had to figure out how to combine pictures into layers of each other. That was a definite expirience!
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2004, 12:53 AM   #2

wow! that is very cool! i have an idea though....try erasing the yellow flower from where the insect is......i think that would be really cool.........add a strong focal point.....

how did you do this? (just would like to know which of the 200,000,000,000 ways it can be done in photoshop, which one you used )

nice job
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 9:13 AM   #3

Very nice concept! I agree with Vito on needing a little stronger point of interest. But very bright!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 2:55 PM   #4

Yup, do as Vito suggests and you'll have it. An alternate way (since you probably didn't save the layers) is to grab that bee from the original photo and plant it right over the top of the bee in this photo.

It sounds as if Betsy isn't the only one who ended up having to hit the books for this challenge. No, wait a minute. You're a guy. Guys neither read nor ask for directions, right?
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 2:58 PM   #5

ppfft...that is a highly overused phrase....if it will save time and money i will gladly ask for directions...but most of the time it is quicker to look at a map (which unfortunately everyone isn't necessarily gifted in map-reading)
Old Apr 16, 2004, 3:14 PM   #6

You've yet to grow into it, Vito.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 3:26 PM   #7

lol...i don't have a car...but i do know my way around my county (ahh....i won't lie) i mean my town lol
nah....when i get my car....i won't get lost....ever....as long as i have a map of NJ with me....and i don't get stuck in the Pine Barrens (lol)
Old Apr 16, 2004, 8:23 PM   #8

I'm geographically challenged. We never go anywhere without maps, which DH taught me to read. Now I get to be "navigator" when we roadtrip. DH ALWAYS asks for directions. He must be the exception.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 10:11 PM   #9

I asked my boss!
She is an uber photoshop guru, and laughed at me for not knowing how to do that, but then told me.
As to how I did it... I opened both photos and then dragged one (from the layers box) on top of the other... it took me freakin forever to get them lined up, and they still arent perfect. Is there a way to align the layers so you dont have to guess? Or a way to move the layers around (not top to bottom but left/right up/down)?

I am sooo behind the learning curve with photoshop, and I am only working with 7.0.... On top of that, since I started shooting in RAW exclusively, I picked up Capture1... Another program to learn! If only these programs were as easy to master as a nice FPS...Then I would have no problem whatsoever! :lol:
Old Apr 16, 2004, 10:40 PM   #10

Ok here is a corrected version of that image, with a feathered erase of the top layer. I agree! It looks better.