Well, shoot, I got my Italians mixed up! :shock:
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 3:41 PM   #12

oh lol now i get it

except i'm only a 25% he's 100%
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 6:43 PM   #13

Default A Cockatiel

Just a Bird ID. The Cockatiel is a smaller Australian parrot species.

Also, I want to add, I'm enjoying lurking through this new forum.. Some very interesting photos are being created for the various challenges.

If I ever get some free time, (too much work, not enough time), I hope you'll allow me to join in the fun.
JodyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 7:02 PM   #14

Quote:
I hope you'll allow me to join in the fun.
I just checked out your site. Price of membership for you will be showing some of your excellent photos.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 7:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoultry
Here's a thought: your background is in art, so why don't you just assume that, whatever it is you could paint on paper or canvas, you can also paint in Photoshop. All the tools are there plus a whole bunch you never had before. If you can conceive of it, you can do it.
Which brings up a question I have never seen on this forum. Does anyone use a graphics table to draw or edit photos. I have been told with a graphics table you are able to get more detail and accuracy in cutting around objects in a photo. They sell for $49. and up...up.... up!
chuck biddinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 8:46 PM   #16

JodyQ, welcome! I haven't had a chance to look at your site but if Barb says it's great, it is!

I would love to try a graphics tablet, too, Chuck! Just been spending too much lately.

And, Barb, my background is in art, but my work is highly abstract. You wouldn't recognize that bird (and cockatiel isn't it, either. I'll need to ask my mom. It was something weird I'd never heard of before, but related to that family ).
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 9:19 PM   #17

I'm using a Wacom Intous 2 tablet, Chuck. I'm not all that proficient with it. It takes a bit of practice to get the feel. I've heard that once mastered, one never uses the mouse again. I haven't reached that point. I often have to force myself to hide my mouse so that I'll concentrate on the tablet. My desk isn't quite set up right and I use it on my lap which makes it inconvenient whenever I need to use the keyboard.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 9:24 PM   #18

OK. I tried again. Original photo, different bird photo, cut, "feathered" (pardon the pun) and pasted, duplicated and flipped horizontally (each on separate layer). Spherized just a bit. Third layer a gray cover circle over each pupil with highlights drawn in. Better?

monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 9:33 PM   #19

it is better....but another thing to make it look more like it is in the photo....is try to add a little noise to it...if you can some noise that looks like the noise surrounding the eye.....
nice work
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 9:36 PM   #20

Now you are learning. This looks much more real. That is the trick to make it look real or in the case of my prom pic. unablwe to tell which is which. Also I use a Wacom Graphire 2 or 3(?). I get much more control and precision. The main modification I made to my desk was to set it up so my arm was rested and only had to move my wrist.
DX6490 is offline   Reply With Quote