Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 17, 2004, 6:59 AM   #11

Yes, cacaphony - perfect word for this!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2004, 7:04 AM   #12

You got me laughing, Betsy. You did what I still haven't learned to stop doing: forget to write down the process just in case it actually works.

I'm with you, Vito. Wish my camera could do this too.

Digcamfan, my husband used to work in x-ray, and some of those "oops" exposures were quite astonishing. The things people will do to get into film! Then there are the objects that techs like to x-ray when it's the middle of the night and business is slow.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2004, 10:35 AM   #13

Quote:
I'm sorry - I did so many things and then flattened (which I found out later I didn't need to. )
This is exactly why you can call yourself an artist. Artist do only make one of each! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2004, 11:25 AM   #14

That is "sew" not a beginners effort!

ROFL - omigod, I'm hurting myself.

Really, I like the contrast of the overexposed image on the left to the darker, textured multiple images.

And I know how these things go - lets try this, then some of that, then, whoa that's cool, how'd I do that?
toners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2004, 12:42 PM   #15

lol....that was terrible.....hilarious to me.....but i am a punster....and appreciate stuff like that
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2004, 7:27 PM   #16

Well, from here on out I save my original RAW (to CD), save the original TIF (with layers) and a JPEG for web. So I should be able to pull up the TIF and look at the layers and see what properties each has, right? And answer questions? (theoretically).

Very punny, guys!
Old Apr 17, 2004, 8:24 PM   #17

This is the first work I saw of yours a few days ago and I was very impressed. My major in college was art and I studied the impressionists and spent a whole pile of time painting with oils and drawing with pastels. Your work is an Impressionist "M" in "scissors" rather than lilies! I would have grabbed this shot in an instant as a source to paint or draw from. You have color, composition, texture, amazing balance via space and color...this is one excellent work and I can't imagine that you have not had some art training to accomplish this. If not, then you are a prodegy and a natural!

Nice job, no matter what.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2004, 7:49 AM   #18

Thanks, Normcar! I do have a BA in Visual Communications but I received it in 1990 so EVERYTHING is either rusty or different - except the basic principals of design. I just need to readjust myself, relearn some stuff, and then get frustrated because I live in the boonies and work as a glorified secretary in a small-potatoes A/E firm. For now. you guys are my creative outlet.