Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 22, 2004, 1:24 AM   #1

Default Book Jacket: The Kite Flyer

I typically just lurk around here but this one sounds like fun so I'll join in. My wife is a second grade teacher so I have lots of suggestions for book titles. Not to mention she has quite a few of the characters as stuffed animals. Here is one we thought of while I was showing her this. This is a just snap shot form last 4th of July.

While I was out setting back up my kite he ran over and grabbed the handles. My wife was able to snap this one before he ran off. For those of you that are wondering the kite on the other end, is an 8+ foot wingspan stunt kite.
estill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2004, 3:37 AM   #2

Eh Eh, nice ( and good color selection ).

I'm a beginner at stunt kites however here's mine :

http://www.dmckites.com.au/hq/sport/mykite.htm

I simply love stunt kites , I could be playing hours with them : they are so mind relaxing !!!

Well, you have just reminded me that this weekend, here in Ferrara, the city where I live, there's the Vulandra Festival, an annual Kite Exihbition both for static and acrobatic kytes.

Here's some shots of the last editions :

http://digilander.libero.it/aquiloni1/Aquiloni1.htm
brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 6:22 AM   #3

nice! I particularly like the bare feet buried in the sand!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 9:36 AM   #4

Thank you for the kind words. To pick my colors I used the eye dropper tool. The light blue is off of the hat, the dark blue is a shadow off of the jacket and the red is off of the quarter panel on my truck. I have been working with our church's worship team putting together slides for the song lyrics, and I have found it is best to use either the primary colors or pick contrasting colors out of the background of the picture.

As for the kites, I have too many to list here. I started in Middle School, and my collection has grown from there. I think I have around 20 now. Being that I am in Tacoma Washington and Prism kites are made in Seattle I am partial to them. I have not heard of a My Kite before though. For a great beginner kite you might want to try a Beattle. Around here they sell for less than $50 (american), and are pretty much indestructable.

Looking at you festival pictures I love the team stack pictures. That is the one competition I have not seen. I usually go to one of the festivals in Ocean Shores Washington. A couple of the people that compete there are national (again USA) champions, and some have gone onto to the world competition.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 11:45 AM   #5

Eric, you composed and chose your colors beautifully. I'd say you ought to stop merely lurking here and show up in person like this more often!
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 11:55 AM   #6

I agree with Barb!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:07 PM   #7

Thank you, but I can't take credit for this one. I was out untangling the kite and my wife snapped this picture. I will take credit for cropping it though. :roll:
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:24 PM   #8

Cropping is a huge part of the process.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 2:33 PM   #9

What? You're allowed to crop? Us newbies learn new things every day :lol:
JinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 2:49 PM   #10

Yup, and don't forget all those other sneaky things we photo nuts do like planting people in gardens where they never grew before. Now there's an interesting sort of crop.