Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 5, 2004, 11:04 AM   #11

good point.....wat if you find something i can make better about my photo..and i takeone using that tip....i can post that right!?
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 11:23 AM   #12

A single post during one challenge, maybe two, while the new Web design gets straightened out--I'm asking this because there's more to moderating than just looking at all the pretty pictures. If you have an excess of photos and would like them critiqued, don't forget there are other forums at this site for posting your pictures. You really don't want to get me cranky.:X
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 11:26 AM   #13

kk...i'll post in a different forum..lol....IF i manage to get it good enough to bother...
Old May 5, 2004, 12:28 PM   #14

*cowers*

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 12:47 PM   #15

ferny wrote:
Quote:
*cowers*
You better!
Old May 5, 2004, 7:17 PM   #16

"You have to think about one shot. One shot is what it's all about. A deer's gotta be taken with one shot." --Michael Vronsky, The Deer Hunter

That's the real challenge !!!
brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 11:00 PM   #17

Then there is Jim Brandenburg, who set himself the challenge of taking just one photograph a day for the 90 days between the autumnal equinox and the winter solstice in the northern woods. That discipline led to a book and an article in National Geographic. Or the 8x10 glass plate photographers of the early west, with their darkroom wagons, for whom an exposure or two were a days work.
toners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 11:02 PM   #18

haha...but wat's the point of being able to shoot 2-4shots a second if you can't use that?!
Old May 7, 2004, 6:19 AM   #19

photosbyvito wrote:
Quote:
haha...but wat's the point of being able to shoot 2-4shots a second if you can't use that?!
The point is to make yourself a better photographer, not one who captures a good photo by mere chance. Rapid shooting has its place, for instance,in quickly changing circumstances, but even when you're able to get off ten shots in a row, you still have to know what you're doing or you can easily end up with ten bad shots instead of the hoped-for one good shot.
Old May 7, 2004, 9:36 AM   #20

i was kinda exaggerating(that smily winks..)....lol...but yeah..that makes sense..

i don't know if my camera even shoots 4 shots a second....i know it has continuous mode and all that...but i've never tried it....i should when i'm shooting great blue herons though.....raise my chances of a half decent shot....which i haven't gotten yet

and toners....that guy...though he has great discipline...that doesn't make much sense to me....if i saw a good shot i'd take it! and don't all the good photographers take a boat load of shots just to get the one or two amazing ones?

i'm sry....just doesn't make sense....like wat would happen if he just finishes taking his shot of a waterfall in the snow, and a family of deer just walk right up next to him and start drinking at the stream. Now, i don't know about you, but i'd just ditch the challenge and take a bunch of shots of them. But, then again, i'm not a pro....so...i'd need to take a bunch of shots...lol