Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 10, 2004, 6:27 PM   #31

We all think, Gil, that when we just get this thing done or when that particular time shows up, we'll be able to [fill in the blank]. Never seems to work quite that way, does it? I thought moderating this forum wouldn't take much time at all. Ha! So two weeks will be a lot better for me, too.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2004, 3:41 PM   #32

Hi,

Haven't been able to post any photos lately as my camera took a turn for the worse and is now sitting in a parcel at the end of my hall awaiting the bumpy journey to the repair centre: (.

The new layout is pretty fresh looking (apart from those annoying animated things)

I have been visiting and viewing the new posts and the quality of pictures posted is still an inspiration, I can't wait to get snapping again and join in.

I like the idea of the challenge running over a two week period it gives everybody a chance to join in and the one photo rule per challenge will have a lot of people tormented as to which of their photos to post : ).

Plus giving the overworked Mrs. Coultry a break (by the way you're still doing a great job).

Last edited by Psycho Budgie; Aug 4, 2010 at 4:44 AM.
Psycho Budgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2004, 4:33 PM   #33

Well, I'll be darned, Psycho Budgie. I was just wondering about you this morning, questioning whether or not you'd gone to Tibet for a bit of meditation, and all along it's been nothing nearlyso cerebral. Just a badly behaving camera.:sad:

Wiggly things: You can turn them off in your browser. If you want to turn them off page by page, just hit the Esc key. This knowledge isn't my own brilliance; it comes from other forum members.

I edited your post because you chose a light cyan color for your font, which is barely readable for those of us who've changed our preferences in "My Account" to either the white or the light-gray background.

Because we've gone to a two-week format, I lifted the ban on multiple pictures per challenge. I did suggest, however, that everyone try to whittle down their posts to their best shots.

There's no reason on earth why you can't join in with us, commenting on the photos of others, even though you currently can'tpost your own photos. Please rejoin this noisy, silly bunch of photo nuts.

I'm really glad you're not in Tibet.

--Barbara
Old May 13, 2004, 4:58 PM   #34

Wish I was in Tibet I wouldnt have the local kids bouncing footballs off my window. I'm glad you told me about the background option I thought you'd just deleted my post as I hadn't been showing up for class lately : )

As for rejoining I've never been away just lurking in the backround.
Old May 13, 2004, 6:00 PM   #35

Quote:
As for rejoining I've never been away just lurking in the backround.
Then it's time to start making noise, maybe enough to scare away those darned kids.
Old May 13, 2004, 10:42 PM   #36

barbara.....i'm not sure if this is possible...but i can't see his post now....well i can if i highlight it....but is there a way to edit it back to the standard color? that works on all the skins so that would be best...
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 7:26 AM   #37

Does that work better?
Old May 14, 2004, 8:11 AM   #38

yes thanks

i looked at the color choices...and they don't let you switch it back to the default for some reason.....which stinks cuz you have to go with one that doesn't work as well....which is fine with me.....i guess i'm one of the only people using the darker one anyway..lol...
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 2:42 PM   #39

You werent the only one Vito, I prefered using the dark background,

Barbara, putting my post in red makes me look like Mr Angry, I'm quite a placid bloke really. : )

UNLESS YOUR A SMALL PERSON WITH A FOOTBALL AND BAD AIM!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I'm going tocast an envious eye over the latest posts and lament my broken camera. (sob sob!)
Old May 14, 2004, 3:09 PM   #40

Did you do something evil to your camera or did it make a pact with the devil all on its own?