Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 8, 2004, 7:14 AM   #1

These many doorsare the reason I haven't taken a photo in the last 2 - 3 months. My first house, and there are still dozens of projects yet to be done before it is where I want it to be.

Welcome to my home......

Jody --- http://www.imageattic.com
JodyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2004, 7:25 AM   #2

Nice shot, nice title and nice house. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 7:41 AM   #3

Thanks Mark,

I am quite pleased with how my home is coming about. As for the photo/title, the concept popped into my mind last night as I went to bed, so when the sun poured in through the bedroom patio doors, waking me up this morning, I grabbed the camera, waltzed out front,and took the shot. Hope the neighbors didn't notice!!!

Jody

Old May 8, 2004, 8:17 AM   #4

This is a well-conceived shot, leading the eye all the wayfrom the welcome mat, through the front door, across the foyer (?), and then back out to the family's outdoor sanctuary.

Looks like it's developing into a home to love.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 8:56 AM   #5

Thanks Barbara,

There is a little bit of depth mis-perception happening with the shot. I was using my Sigma 15-30 (at 22mm), so the wide-angle lens is causing things to look a little closer than they really are. I just walked off the distance across the carpet, and it is 19 feet to the patio doors.The deckaround the pool is about 40 feet deep and then another 15 to the orange tree at the fence. I was standing on the sidewalk out front (and I cropped a touch of the bottom of the photo).

The carpeted area is the living room, and as of yet is totally barren of any furniture.... So maybe it is nothing but a big foyer!!! Everything I ownedin my 900 sq. ft. apartment, easily fits into the family room of this place.

I'm think of using the living room as a studio. Plenty of heightto put up the light stands, and I can control the daylight entering from the east (over pool)and west (front of house).

Every day when I come home from work and pull into the garage, I am amazed that a kid that grew up in living in slums, houses without plumbing nor electicity, and rat-infestedgovernment housing projects, could be living in such a place. Only took me 50 years (working fulltime close to 40 of them), and I'll be paying the bank for it for the next 20!!!

Living the American Dream..... Jody
Old May 8, 2004, 8:58 AM   #6

Stunning, JodyQ!

Wonderfully composed . The welcome mat really is a wonderful touch and it seems to verbalize your unspoken sentiment about your home.

On another note, I am very impressed with the total class look to your home.

The doors "glow".

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 9:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Every day when I come home from work and pull into the garage, I am amazed that a kid that grew up in living in slums, houses without plumbing nor electicity, and rat-infested government housing projects, could be living in such a place. Only took me 50 years (working fulltime close to 40 of them), and I'll be paying the bank for it for the next 20!!! Living the American Dream.....
The stuff of which heroes are made. You've my deepest respect.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 9:24 AM   #8

Jody (I must remember you're a male:-)) This is not only an incredible shot, but a fantastic house and story as well. I love the "welcome" mat, welcoming us into the photo, through the entry-way, to the pool. I can't imagine no indoor plumbing but this house is a far cry from that. Your monkey picture in the other post doesn't show that you're 50. You started working at 10?!?! Or is my math bad. We each have a fantastic story, don't we?!? Again, most excellent house.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 9:26 AM   #9

I am getting ready to take your virtual tour now...
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 10:08 AM   #10

Digcamfan, Thanks foryou nice comments, on the photo, and the house.

Betsy, your math is pretty much correct. My first full-time job was at a pet store when I was in 5th and 6th grade. I worked after school until closing, and all day Saturday. As long as I turned over part of my pay to my parents for rent, and didn't screw-up at my grades at school, I was allowed to continue. Before gettinga job working the mid-night shift in a computer room (during high school), I had worked at 3 or 4 different resturants as cleanup crew/shortorder cook/etc., and at a pizza parlor. Inow have over 33 years of experience in the "Data Processing" field.

By the way, the worst "houses" I experienced were in the Johnstown Pa. area (Dale/Ferndale). We moved there from the Detroit area.Then toEast of Cleveland.

I then went from there to mid-Michigan, and 9 years ago, South East Florida.... It is beautiful down here.

Jody