Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 10, 2004, 9:44 PM   #1

I am sorry I have not been more attentive. I do not have much time but still try to participate in the Challenge by shooting when and where I can. In this case,a common back door in a rowhouse. In addition, this is my second attempt at raw file processing - interesting.

rod

Rod Bruckdorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2004, 11:00 PM   #2

I've spent the last 5 minutes trying to see through that curtain and determine what I see outside the door. You taken a "common door" and captured a very intriguing image.

Is that another house I see with a green roof? Are those windows I seethrough the bottom paines? Is that light in the bottom paines the sunlight relecting off the other house? See what I mean, this image reaches out and grabs me. I LIKE IT!

Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 5:58 AM   #3

Puck:

Thanks for the kind words. Living in a rowhouse is interesting. I equate a rowhouse to two shipping containers, one stacked on the other. This is our first time on the East coast and required an adjustment period after spending most of our married life living in Kansas, Texas and Oklahoma then back to Texas. The door faces east. The question behind the door is another rowhouse across the alley that seperates one row of houses from another. We find the life style interesting and exciting. It is amazing "what" passes through the alley during the dayand night. The city is a photo opportunity waiting to happen. Over the July 4th weekend, about 12 tall ships will visit the Inner Harbor. At presenta four-masted topsail schooner from Spain is visiting Baltimore - all 306 ft. Baltimore is steeped in the history of our country and the great Chesapeake Bay.

rod
Old May 11, 2004, 8:16 PM   #4

There's something that always catches me both in reality and in photos about light being filtered through curtains, but I've never been able to figure out just what it is. Maybe no one has ever coined the right word for it. "Ethereal" is the closest word to it. Nice, Rod, very nice.

--Barbara Coultry
Olympus E-20N, FL-40, M-CON-35, TCON-300, Epson 1270
http://home.nycap.rr.com/coultry/pages/index.htm
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 9:16 PM   #5

Barbara:

You are so kind. Light to me is magic and coupled to the mind of romantic, perhaps it is ethereal.

rod
Old May 11, 2004, 9:42 PM   #6

fantastic?.....well that word is kinda weird...meant to meant "awesome" or "terrific" but has "fantasy" in it...lol

nice shot

you managed to make a modern"er" looking door look good

nice job
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 12:06 AM   #7

Rod, your photos always show us something new about seeing - and that's what photography is all about. Thanks for the fine photograph, it is inspiring.
toners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 1:15 AM   #8

A mystery book is waiting to be published with that photo as the cover.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 6:27 AM   #9

I love the golden glow that radiates out onto the walls, also. I agree with everything everyone else has said.

Maryland has excellent seafood - do you guys eat a lot of MD crabs?
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote