Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 18, 2004, 5:16 PM   #1

here you go....this one you can be as honest as you like....cuz the picture is just terrible..lol....i'm guessing it fits the challenge.....i didn't have to go into any weird position to get it.....lol...but it is from "somethings/someones" view....

enjoy

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2004, 5:33 PM   #2

I think this is very striking (pardon the pun). Very metallic looking, with that great, thick slash of black right through it. nice!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2004, 6:17 PM   #3

Since you didn't take it from eye level--unless you'rethree feet tall--it certainly fits the challenge. I'm surprised, though, thatyou didn't pull a Sergio or a Barbara with this one. Now that I think of it, how do you suppose it would look if you placed one of your wee ants in there peeking out?:O
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2004, 7:44 PM   #4

thanks

i had to rotate this like 20 degrees to get it vertical..lol...that's why it is so close....i think it would be better if it was cropped square right around the lock....with it perfectly level....lol

barbara...good idea...i might have to try that...
Old May 18, 2004, 8:48 PM   #5

Cool dude! You're really into themicro (reversed lens)stuff lately. I've never seen a lock up this close and personal before. I also like your flower shot. Good job.
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2004, 3:04 AM   #6

Nice shot, i once saw a blurry vesion of the lock in our front door from this anglewhen i was drunk and couldn't get the key in. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2004, 9:29 AM   #7

if only i had an LED light today....i could've shined it inside a little....that would've been cool

thanks everyone
Old May 19, 2004, 9:52 AM   #8

Vito, get yourself over to the store I hate most: Wal-Mart. Their large array ofLED flashlights average ten to fifteen dollars. They have one that comes with, if I'm remembering correctly, three colored filters to put over the lens so you can create color casts if you so choose. I must have stood like a statue for five minutes trying to decide between that one and the one I ended up buying, which has several levels of brightness plus a blinking mode.
Old May 19, 2004, 11:17 AM   #9

well....if i need a color cast....i can always change around the manual WB setting...like find a very light green to make the picture a little "redder"....stuff like that

i might have to take a trip to walmart....btw.....why do you hate it so much? it's a good store.....got almost anything you could possibly need...and good prices....
Old May 19, 2004, 12:59 PM   #10

photosbyvito wrote:
Quote:
i might have to take a trip to walmart....btw.....why do you hate it so much? it's a good store.....got almost anything you could possibly need...and good prices....
Wal-Mart's policy is to wipe out small, local business wherever it goes. Some communities, having watched Wal-Mart devastate the downtowns of other places, used wisdom and barred the behemoth from moving in. I'd rather spend a little more in a local store, helping to feed a neighbor's family, than give money to a corporate monster.