Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 22, 2004, 7:40 PM   #1

It required standing on a ledge and forgetting I don't like standing on ledges, then looking into the kitchen through the porch window and screen while angling the camera downward. I can't figure out whether I like the effect or not. It looks like a memory to me, so I like that part. But does it work? I have no idea. That's what you guys are for.

Attached Images

bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2004, 9:44 PM   #2

Barbara,

I don't think I would have thought of that angle in my lifetime.

Shot doesn't completely work for me because personally I think the filter is a bit too dense. It defintely looks like a dream tho...

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2004, 10:52 PM   #3

bcoultry wrote:
Quote:
It required standing on a ledge and forgetting I don't like standing on ledges,
I hope you were well tied-on, Barb. Be careful; we need you:-).

I like the picture. Many of us must have peered through windows when visiting friends who're out, even those of us who aren't burglars.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2004, 6:08 AM   #4

Standing on a ledge... well tied on... but in the kitchen. Either this is a low ledge or your kitchen is on your second floor - or you have a split-level ranch - or a great slope to your property. It is a nice concept but I'm not sure if I like the picture, either. There's much in the way of the subject, but that's kind of the way life is, too.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2004, 2:44 PM   #5

Yes, it's an odd sort of photo, the kind that some will like and others won't.

As for your ledge question, Betsy, it's actually the stone wall that's part of the back steps, and when I stand on it, I'ma fewfeet higher than the first floor of the house and leaning up against the side of the large, windowed porch that runs the length of the kitchen. It requires looking through two windows plus one screen to see a person sitting at the kitchen table.

Alan, if I could do it without getting arrested, I'd happily sneak up to windows and take pictures of thefolks inside. People are best photographed when they don't know a camera is pointed at them. Maybe when I get into my nineties, I'll do it. I'm planning on doing anything I darned well please at that age. Hope they allow cameras in prison.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote