Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 26, 2004, 10:49 PM   #1

I hope this is red enough. This was taken at 5:51 A.M. last Saturday morning. I underexposed it a bit to maximize the colors. I finally got a weekend at the river this year!

Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2004, 10:54 PM   #2

yeah i'd say that is red enough! i hope you didn't go sailing that day! lol
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2004, 11:09 PM   #3

Don't believe all those old sailor's tales. This red sky in the morning turned out to be a sailor's delight. It cleared up and was beautiful, though a bit warm, all day! Hmmm, "a bit warm"is an understatement. I sweated buckets working in the neighborhood cleaning up debris from the hurricane last fall. That evening cruise we took up the river in my boat made it all worthwhile though.
Old May 27, 2004, 3:02 AM   #4

Very nice, Puck M.

The small dock on the right is an anchor (pun not intended) and lends a subtle added touch to your photo.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 3:18 AM   #5

Sunset that almost looks like liquid fire...
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 4:08 AM   #6

Nice shot, do you get up that early just to take photos. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 7:45 AM   #7

digicamfan - That pier/dock was very nice before last falls hurricane did a number on it. This shot doesn't really show it well but it's in 3 pieces now. The end platform is still complete though a bit unlevel and there are two sections of the walkway to it that are disjointed and look like a roller coaster track. We just rebuilt it 3 or 4 years ago after the last hurricane and it got hit again!

jackrussel - I love sunrise and sunsets. My view to the west is limited by structures and trees but is clear to the east. That means I have get up early for the sunrise. I love digital cameras for the instant feedback you get. I never was able to get many good shots with film cameras because I never got the exposure right and never took enough pictures. With the digital camera I can snap away until I get something I like.

Old May 27, 2004, 7:50 AM   #8

Beautifully composed, Puck, and there's no denying the redness of it! Digcamfan picked out the major contribution to composition made by that little dock or pier.

Jackrussell: There is absolutely NOTHING like the light of dawn for photography. In that particular aspect, I envy those who live withnighttime sun because they get more than just a few minutes of spectacular light. Ihad a friend in northern Alaska who used to go on midnight picnics, but she never took pictures. What a shame.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 7:57 AM   #9

At the moment it starts to get light here at about 4am, that's a bit too early for me. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 8:19 AM   #10

jackrussell wrote:
Quote:
At the moment it starts to get light here at about 4am, that's a bit too early for me. :-)
Yes, I'd have to agree about 4 a.m. Nothing, not even the photo of all time, could make me crawl out of bed at that time.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote