Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 29, 2004, 3:54 AM   #31

I'm not reading this thread again, it's getting scary. :shock:
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 2:25 PM   #32

Quote:
I also never knew you were in the heart of it, Barb. For some reason I assumed you were outside the city.
Most definitely, I'm outside the city. The Albany area of New York State is odd in that it allows people to have the best of both worlds. You can live in what seems the back of beyond and still have no more than a 15-minute drive into the city. I think it has to do with the fact that there are two major rivers, the Hudson and the Mohawk, that chop things up. I cross over the bridge from Albany and am immediately in a land of small towns, farms, and forests. I live at the end of a private dirt road where nobody can find me. Even I can't find me sometimes.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 5:42 PM   #33

That's probably the best place to be, Barb - where everyone (including yourself) can lose you sometimes. :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 5:44 PM   #34

PS - you said you wish you could go. Would they take a reservation from "regular folk?" Don't they know you're the famous Steve's Digicam Moderator?
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 6:17 PM   #35

Maybe I could wear a name tag that says, "Mom thinks I'm important."
Old May 31, 2004, 1:54 AM   #36

An absolutely exquisite still life. Initially it appears fairly simple but (like most of your still life pics) the longer I looked the more complex it got. Very beautiful.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2004, 2:15 PM   #37

Thank you, Suzan. I think each of us eventually gets to a point where we start enjoying a specific kind of photography, and for me, still life is one of two kinds (other is portraiture). I love all kinds of photography, but I don't know that I'll ever excel at more than one or two types. I'm almost a complete failure at landscape. I can SEE the picture, but I can't seem to TAKE the picture. You, on the other hand, are showing a whole lot of promise with landscape. And then there was that wonderful photo you did of a curious young horse watching a coyote lurking in the weeds. Super picture.

--Barbara
Old Jun 2, 2004, 10:11 PM   #38

A lovely photograph Barbara, I now imagine you living a life like something out of Sex and the City. I also admire your calligraphy, I use my photography as an artistic vent as I cannot draw for toffee, but looking at your handwriting it would seem that you could be a very good artist as well.

On the K2 Mt Everest debate, I believe one is the highest from sea level & the other from it's base - or something like that, so everyone is right, hurrah!
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 10:18 PM   #39

yeah....because mt everest starts up high up from sea level!

i'm still sticking to "mauna kae" as the "tallest" mountain...even if most of it is underwater!
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:29 AM   #40

Ziggy wrote:
Quote:
A lovely photograph Barbara, I now imagine you living a life like something out of Sex and the City. ...looking at your handwriting it would seem that you could be a very good artist as well.
Thanks, Ziggy.

Sex and The City: I get out of my jeans and into dress-up clothes only about once or twice a year: weddings and funerals. Weddings require make-up, but even that's pushing it. So much fussing.

In truth, I started out grown-up life as an artist, but there were too many paths shooting off in all directions, and I couldn't resist their temptation.

You don't need a paintbrush or chisel or pencil to be an artist. Art can be the result of how you see the world and then photograph it.

Barbara